The online racing simulator
Man Kills 17 MONTH old over Video Game
(21 posts, started )
More bad press for us gamers...

Man kills 17-month-old over video game

A North Philadelphia man has been charged with killing his young daughter after she was violently punched over a video game. "My baby is gone at the hands of her father," the 21-year-old mother Mia Turman. "I have to put her in the ground, I shouldn't have to do this."

When Turman went to take a nap, she left her 17-month-old baby Alayiah under the care of the 25-year-old father, Tyrone Spellman, who also goes by the name of Anwar Salahuddin.

Turman said that after she woke, "I asked why my baby not breathing. He says, 'She's breathing.' Her eyes were closed."

Turman then called police but it was too late to save Alayiah. "His confession was she pulled the cords in the game, the system is -- the box itself -- fell, and he was upset and then responsible for paying for the game, so he hit her in her face twice," Turman said.

Police arrested Spellman over the weekend and charged him with murder, endangering the welfare of a child and possessing an instrument of crime.

So, some whacko freaks out because a kid knocks over a system then he anihilates the kid. This is why some people should just not be allowed to have kids, let alone video games... Hell, let alone any kind of technology...

Source from this thread.

http://www.cad-forums.com/showthread.php?t=62330

Politics are going to have a field day with this.
The game was a sympton, not the cause.
Got nothing to do with computers causing violence, just some idiot with dual identities that can't control his own feelings.

Rather than ban video games we should just pity people with anger problems.
Can just see the Daily Mail headlines though illepall

Dan,
well when you gett really into a game, you can get angry at any small thing! OBVIOUSLY this is just very very wrong, what does a 17month child know what shes doing! It would be wrong to hit a 30yr old man for that! illepall

As i said, if you get into a game and been playing for quiet some time, say like your mum comes in and says top it, alot of teenagers would say go away and get angry!

Very sad about the baby tho Weird, strange, discusting man!
Exactly, I'm aware its more anger issue than the game itself, but its how the gaming will be brought in easily.
Really really stupid, first governments ban violent games because someone killed their best mate reinacting stuff from it and now this really some sad people out there... I've had a problem when i spent 8 hours unlocking bikes on a game ( i think i unlocked about 40 bikes ) and i thought it was on autosave, turned ps2 off and came back next day, discovered that those bikes were locked, yeah I was a lil p****d but to the hell with it, more time spent unlocking them again...
Why does little girl sleep next to some expensive gaming system? obviously something bad is going to happen sometimes, but still, he should have not punched him, just have should done something that before, so to prevent those kind accidents or something.
Typical addict reaction...
Once at a pal's house we had to subdue his brother who reacted similarly when their younger brother accidentally bumped into a hub and put him offline (during a 24+ hour mmorpg gaming session of his). I was shocked to see him in such a rage over something like that, but you could see that his addiction had totally consumed him.

Sociopaths abound...
a very sad story this, some people are just no right upstairs if they do this sort of thing. This is also a good reason for all those anti-game activists to highlight their views and call for violent computer bans even though the content of the game had nothing to do with this case most likely media will spin it and attack computer games. Yes there have been cases which have envolved GTA and Manhunt and deaths by kids copying some of the stuff from the game but this is just crazy punching a 17 month old baby....

I agree with the quote posted in that thread.." there should definitely be a test you have to pass before you're allowed to reproduce"

guy is a psycho..

I do admit when one is playing you can get really sucked into it and certain things can really annoy you, like a power cut, mum walking across tv, phone ringing or dying when getting really far and not saving so much that some anger builds up, but that anger needs control and gentle release. A walk in the park, walk to the fridge to pick up a packet of 40g Walkers Pickled Onion crisps, a few deep breaths....

I had moments where i broke my hardware when i was playing the psx by hiting the control pad really hard and blaming it for loosing (was 14 then) but to do something like that crazy guy did is just disghusting, may he forever burn in hell!!!

World is full of crazy people and nutty people..
I think it's important when working with computers (or anything else too, really) to do so in manageable chunks instead of insanely long sessions. It's not only computer games I can see it happening. If you've put a lot of effort into something over let's say 24h, and someone inadvertantly (sp?) erases it all you're probably going to be pretty pissed off, especially if tired, hungry, stressed etc etc.

But yeah, it's very sad this sort of thing happens.
This doesn't have to do anything with gaming, the baby could have pull the cord of the TV during a football match, or anything else. But how in the hell can you hit a year old kid? Frustrated coward.
it does sicken me to hear a parent has smacked or punched their child, especially at that age. I asked my mum a few weeks ago if i was younger would she ever hit me, she said she had done sometimes, but she knows not to touch me cos id give her a tap back. I've often had powercuts during games (online tournaments on the pc) and that has pi**ed me off i usually end up chuckin something or hitting the door (ive gone through 4 doors in the last 3 years and i have actually damaged the computer on an occasion where it actually conked out so i was really mad then. I have also damaged my ps2 controller beyond repair (i was hoping to sell it with 2 controllers) but looks like i wont now. It does pi** you off when something goes wrong in the middle of an important game, but violence does not help if it is directed towards another person.
It has nothing to do with the game.It's the idiot punching a baby.And another one falling in love with that idiot and having a baby. Both of them guilty i think.
#15 - Vain
Quote from Xaid0n :an important game

Contradiction?
I'm gonna stop gaming once games get "important" to me.

Vain
hehe what kind of a sick man can kill an baby over a game dammmm whats the world coming to
Quote from Vain :Contradiction?
I'm gonna stop gaming once games get "important" to me.

Vain

I dont mean important as in console games i mean online on the pc like tournament related games
What an idiot man.illepall

Quote from BigDave2967 :
Police arrested Spellman over the weekend and charged him with murder, endangering the welfare of a child and possessing an instrument of crime.

Just one thing I don't understand here. "possessing an instrument of crime"??? What... "fists"? At least I understood he hit her with fists/hands. So i'd better not to go to USA, because I have hands too - they might arrest me. At least the console cannot be the instrument unless he used it as a club or something. illepall
#19 - Vain
I've been asking that myself too.
Perhaps he used the game controller. Those seem both sturdy and heavy enough...

Or they regard the Xbox an instrument of crime, as it serves Microsoft, the criminal monopolist megacorp.

@Xaid0n: I spoke about tournaments too. I'm driving in various leagues, but it's just for fun. It doesn't matter if I disconnect or have to answer the phone or something because I don't loose anything important. It's just a game, really.

Vain
wow... he must be at least mildly retarded or have a violent history to do something like that -_-. people dont just punch babies to death out of the blue.
This is going to be a million dollar lawsuit against Microsoft, because Microsoft claims it is impossible to pull the XBOX from its position with the controller cords.

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG