The online racing simulator
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I do, and as recently as few hours ago I was quite successful at helping out a newbie. He seemed quite intent on getting a license, not bad, considering he'd only discovered LFS about half an hour before!

I've experienced something almost quite like that, only, I showed LFS to a collegue of mine and he tried the demo for 5 mins and then purchased an S2 license
ow and an S2 ban is abit more then a demo ban.. since it is a license ban so they wouldn't be able to get around it by changing IP. And most admins would exchange their account name banning them even before they ever set foot on the server

Well the biggest thing ofcourse is more track, more cars MORE FUN!!
Quote from auch_enne :ow and an S2 ban is abit more then a demo ban.. since it is a license ban so they wouldn't be able to get around it by changing IP. And most admins would exchange their account name banning them even before they ever set foot on the server

Well the biggest thing ofcourse is more track, more cars MORE FUN!!

:headbang: :iagree:
Sweeeeet! Just unlocked S2 and had some serious fun! Thanks for being so positively peruasive!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#30 - axus
Welcome to S2 then! Enjoy the journey!
Welcome to S2
Quote from Joris :Sweeeeet! Just unlocked S2 and had some serious fun! Thanks for being so positively peruasive!

kiss goodbye to the rest of your life for the next 3 months!
Quote from Joris :Sweeeeet! Just unlocked S2 and had some serious fun! Thanks for being so positively peruasive!

Congrats and happy hunting
Here's a little bit of an analogy:

I've been eating dog poo (demo) for 6 months now. I've been thinking of buying bananas (licensed S2) and eating them instead. My question is,
1. Are bananas really tastier than dog poo?
2. My fingers get real messy and stinky when eating dog poo, do bananas smell better if they get on my fingers when I eat them?

I of course didn't move on to page 2 of this thread and I now see you bought your license. Congrats and welcome .

Exactly what Gentlefoot says there, but I think it's kiss your life goodbye for 9-10 months as LFS is all you will be doing.
Thanks y'all!

damn that fox has some grip!!!!!!!!!!!
#36 - axus
Now get out of those slicked/downforced cars and get some proper fun in the LX4. Sadly you won't find many servers running it.
Heh c'mon, he only has S2 since two hours or so, let him enjoy the slick/downforce goodness for a while. After two years of demo driving, non-downforce is the last thing you want for a while
welcome to the rest of your free-time
#39 - SamH
..or say goodbye to the rest of your free time.. one or the other

Welcome to S2! You've made THE best choice there is!
with my mate getting into the game and installing the demo, i have been racing the demo servers with him and giving him tips, along the way i have been brought back to reality with regards to demo drivers LOL

i have been banned from a crappy for being a "crasher" by randoms who never saw anything, pure class LMAO

did see the odd one or two who were ok.

not many
demo racers just cause MAYHEM !!!!destruction derby all the way but when i say this that only gos for sum sum DEMO racers are gd racers nd well behaved !!!when they join s2 theyl find out they have an repertation to maintain
The more and more I read about people having a bad time on the demo servers, the more and more I regret not picking up S2 when I "had" the chance (my way of getting it would have left a bad taste in my fathers mouth, even though I was going to use my own money and account). To anyone that is contenplaining switching over to S2, just do it, dont question yourself.
hi all, i'm a 2weeks lfs demo player, and i gota agree that demo servers are 95% of the times a very hostile zone. i "met" this game on a forum thread, from a 4 year old game still played by me and thousands of coop/mature plp, called operation flashpoint. so a couple of guys there, big fans of lfs (and members) decide to open a beta server, so noobs like me could have fun racing between us. that's the only place i can have decent racing fun time. and if i acidently crash on someones rear, they wont slang till my 4th generation or kick me. yes acidents happens a lot on this game...it takes time and decent setup to make controlled,fast and smooth laps.
so i guess the reason of demo servers being the crap they are, is the fact that plp (majority kids i bet) just feel that they can do whatever they want, because nothing will happen to them (game ban), and the worst thing that will happen is having to connect to the next victim/server. the fact the demo being free, makes them feel that they wont loose any $ after they got tired of it.
So the ONLY reason that i didnt buy this game yet, is the fact that i didnt manage to fix my permanent disconnections during races...i cant image playing the s2 in this situation. i reported in the tech assistance threads of this forum, so i hope to figure out a solution to it.
i'm sure most of the s2 plp here plays this game by the rules, so i hope u see me on s2 soon.
I mostly agree about demo servers. Thing are normaly better if you join Team Servers.

Its sad, but mostly only one "idiot" per server is enough to spoil the fun. i still race demo servers (i love GTI) but i pick Team Servers --> no crashers (99,9% of time and mostly guys are fast (GTI in 1.33s)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG