The online racing simulator
DFP little trouble
(10 posts, started )
DFP little trouble
This can be a little hard to explain with my english level , but i will try to explain it.
Well, when i steer, back to the center,(after i steer the wheel to the right) my wheel makes a strange sound (like a :crack...crack...crack). But when i steer to the right, the wheel don´t makes any sound.
anyone have a little idea of what can this be?

PD: But this don´t makes any trouble with the calibration of the wheel or something, in fact, the wheel works perfect, is just a sound. But i´m scared about that can be something damaging inside the wheel
i have to supose that no one did understand me, right...?
at least a ..."i don´t have any idea"... post feels better
i need help please... =P
i understand what you are saying, but i've never heard of that problem before. I've never taken my DFP apart so i'm not sure what it looks like inside. But you might have broken a tooth off of one of the gears

If you're up for it. Take the cover off the wheel and see if you can see anything broken inside.

That's all the advice i have
that was exactly i was scared to do, well i guess there is no other solution for the trouble
#5 - kaynd
Mine dfp does that too…
But the noise which is produced is not so intense as u describe

I checked inside and i found that the main motors cogwheel is not very well center to the motors axis.. it’s a little bit cam. its about 1/10 or less of a mm off.

You should take a look inside. and see if it needs some grease . ( use grease proper for plastic moving parts )
Just return it to Logitech. Dont forget that you have 2 years warranty and Logitech's RMA service is pretty good. I assume that they will replace your formal DFP by a new one.
Phone up Logitech, explain to them the wheel is making a grinding noise when turning, and they will send you a complete replacement unit. They will ask you to return the plugs off the old unit to render it unusable, but you can keep the pedals intact as a spare set. When I damaged my old one last year this is what happened.

If you wish to void your warranty..to me it sounds like the geartrain is damaged, perhaps when turning fast once it skipped a few teeth and damaged them, maybe the motor moved slightly, throwing the gear mesh off, etc. If this is the case theres really nothing you can do. If you do take the cover off, check for any obstructions in the gears as this is also a possibility.
the logitech warranty will send me a new unit even in this far away country?

i havent open the wheel yet, so i hope they can send me a new one, will be nice.
anyway, thanks for the support to all of you guys
What country your in doesn't matter as far as I know. They send them from The Netherlands or somewhere I believe anyway so they have to ship international.

Definately give it a go, should get a new one no problem. If they're out of stock, may even give you a discount towards a G25
ok, i sended the wheel to logitech,

"If they're out of stock, may even give you a discount towards a G25" it will be great if that happens

DFP little trouble
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG