The online racing simulator
LFS Race Data required
(18 posts, started )
LFS Race Data required
Hopefully an easy question, an acquaintance of mine has asked me to get info such as race / qualy positions while a server is running.

Is this possible via Insim, and if so, could I get some pointers?

The more data the better really.

Cheers
For qualification it's easy.
Evey time a player passes the start finish line the RES packet is send, in that packet the value of ResultNum should give you there posision. As for the race, good luck, I'm still trying to figure out that one for my self .
If I remember correctly, for race positions you have to do a bit of "fudging" to get the information you want.

First off, you need to init InSim with the ISF_RACE_TRACKING flag, which gives you access to all the wonderful race tracking packets. To track player positions, you'll need to generate a lookup table, which you can either update every lap IS_LAP packet, or split time IS_SPX. Per lap is obviously more accurate, but even so, this is still "slow".

For real time, if memory serves correctly, you can do it with the node packet's, IS_NLP, and some node path magic, and detect differences between the node that each player is currently on, and the lap. This gives you quasi-realtime. It does need a fair bit of thinking though.
Alright, cheers, that should get me started. I don't suppose anyone has started something like this? I know there have been loads of projects around in the past, but not running my own server I've never played with what's about.
#5 - Stuff
The VB6 project I'm slowly making does this sort of thing. It uses the method the_angry_angel mentioned with the SPX and LAP packets. It works pretty well but it could use some reworking/thinking. To do this it takes advantage of sorting a hidden column of each person's total time. I use this very cool API List View control by Charles PV to take care of the table and sorting. Check it out and I can show you the code I use if you're interested.
Any help will be appreciated as well for this project
It's been a long time since I could post in this forum, but any information about this sort of information will be really appreciated. Especially for hotlaps qualifying to send the packet info in real time to a website. We know that Bob's been working hard on this so we want to say thanks in advance and to keep as up to date as possible.

Best wishes

Sergio
Well, I've been working hard, but not necessarily on this. Spare time is kind of limited for me at the moment, makes it hard to get anything done.

That web coder Priits sounded like he was making lots of progress by himself on this, so I was kind of leaving him to it.
Thanks Bob
I know how hard it's been to find some spare time, so I want to thank you for what you've been able to help with, last time I talked with priit it seems that he was getting somewhere but not with packet sending. Any more help from you would really be fantastic and really appreciated :-) Thanks again ,

Sergio
EDIT: Doesn't matter. Found it. DOH.
What do you want to do duke_toaster? You've asked if we could furnish you with software, but haven't actually said what you want.

There are existing InSim / OutSim / Outgauge apps out there, that may perform the functions that you require.
Quote from Dygear :For qualification it's easy.
Evey time a player passes the start finish line the RES packet is send, in that packet the value of ResultNum should give you there posision. As for the race, good luck, I'm still trying to figure out that one for my self .

I did the result thing for myselv and for the undocomented Node thing I searched the forum...

[QUALY]
You cannot use the number in results, because what is if you drive one lap and you are first and the second has a better lap and is first too.
But its easy to use the best times and take the positions from there.

[RACE]
To get the result is easy Resultnumber in result.
For laps, splits or something else I did firstly something very stable for only the lap positions (use a array for every lap and count the drivers past this. Every new gets the next number.
But to use it for splits too, it will be to complicadet (too much data to store, variable split count...).

So I did the same angry_angel posted. But it´s a bit buggy for me at the moment I have to test this and the useage of Nodes couldn´t be so exact in my opinion because the Nodes are long and more then one player could be in one.

I don´t understand why LFS cannot send the position in a mci package cause it have to be there in the game.
Quote :Alright, cheers, that should get me started. I don't suppose anyone has started something like this? I know there have been loads of projects around in the past, but not running my own server I've never played with what's about.

LFS Companion does it, if you need it tweeked for whatever machevillian purpose you have just ask. I'm quite happy to adapt LFSC for other evil super villains who plan to take over the world.
Quote from Bob Smith :Hopefully an easy question, an acquaintance of mine has asked me to get info such as race / qualy positions while a server is running.

Is this possible via Insim, and if so, could I get some pointers?

The more data the better really.

Cheers

maybe this ist what you are looking for...
LFS:RacingGuard

it shows player standings, has a pemalty system, shows the chat, and you can send commands/messages to the server!
it works with qualis and races!

so, hope you can test it

/edit:
tool is in development, so the protocol files aren't ok yet, but i'm working on it!
I think he wants to develope something for himselve nocht searching for an application
Without wishing to 'get one over',but he said "I don't suppose anyone has started something like this?"...
Heh, I hadn't done anything about this for a couple of months now, but cheers for responses I'll have a look (and frankly I'd rather not have to code something up, I've enough little projects on the go).
Hmm, I have some problems with understanding the nodes.
I thought they go from 0/1 (start) to nodeCount(-1) finish isn´t it?

I ever update the nodes and sort it on start and split. (If one have a lap more then an other) or (if the laps are the same and the node is higher).

But if I do that on IS_LAP I ever get something around node 20?

Do I have a problem in code or do I understand something wrong?

Thanks
Ok, problem fixed, I didn´t realize finishLineNode and it makes no sense for me

LFS Race Data required
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG