The online racing simulator
nooby question
(14 posts, started )
nooby question
hey... sorry if this is an obvious question....

what cars can i obtain in the demo do i obatin them??
The first track and first 3 cars as can be seen here.

TBH the site doesn't make it clear what is available in the demo and what isn't.
To get the demo, you just download the full version of the game. Until you 'unlock' the extra S1 or S2 content you just have the demo content. As Bob showed on that page, you get the XF GTI, XR GT, and XR GT Turbo cars, and the Blackwood track with the demo.
thanks for the help! now... how do i find these cars?
When playing in single player or multiplayer, when you are in the garage, simply click on the word 'car' and you are given a selection screen.
You have downloaded LFS already right? If not, here is the download page. You want to download the full version.
yeah u;ve downloaded it. Thanks for all the help guys! Now igotta get a wheel...
speaking of wheels, how do people get really cool rims like black ones with silver lips and stuff?
You modify the colour inder the Colours tab, it should be near the left. Play with teh sliders there.
aha found it.

Now what do you guys reccomend for dirt cheap wheels?
Depends how you look at it. Any dirt cheap wheel is likely to disappoint, I'd recommend saving and spending the cash if you're going to get into this seriously.
Check out E-bay for force feedback wheels too , FF wheels give a much better racing experiance than non ff wheels IMO

SD.
ok, i'll look around then!

for now i just bought the cheapest controller (like a ps2 controller) logitech makes for pc, it's pretty good for 20 bucks. enough to hold me over until i can get a wheel
#13 - SamH
I found, when I was waiting for my wheel, that a joystick was a good controller for LFS. The thumbsticks on gamepads and controllers are so short that it's really difficult to be as accurate as you need to be, when driving quickly with other cars nearby.

Keyboard and button steering and acceleration/braking aren't ideal either.. steering in isn't supposed to be an on-off switch. The sim is written with a steering wheel in mind as the controller of choice, and those of us who have a wheel (most of us, I'd guess), would never go back to anything else
It is the best thing that you can possibly get in terms of Demo<S2

nooby question
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG