The online racing simulator
Login Test Help
(7 posts, started )
Login Test Help
I'm seeing a few "New Guest Timed out messages" occasionally on all three of my servers. They all have the required ports open and people have been using them successfully. I'm just wondering why that message sometimes appears.

Could some kind people do a test login to the LFS game called

International UK - US GTR

Please let me know if there is any failures on login (or successes)

Thanks.
success 1st time! ping rate 88, loaded fairly quickly

US - Canada ping rate 21 ! (I'm in Canada, west coast)

very nice!
How do you see the exact ping rate?
Clients dont need to open any ports, if one person can connect so can others.

If the problem is intermittant (comes and goes), then it is either spyware or a hardware fault, unless you are somehow running under OS X on the Mac in which case it's file permissions, a dodgy font, or corrupted preferences... You can diagnose this if the same client suceeds one time and fails another.

If the problem is persistent for some users, but ok for others, then the problem is on the client end.
If you mean Internatioanl UK US Server: first time succes.

[edit: ping 97 btw, from the Netherlands
Yeah that's it .... "Internatioanl" ... doh .. I've fixed that typo.

Running Windows 2003 Server on all 3 boxes. 2 Are exact same hardware, one is slightly different, but I see the same behaviour on all three boxes.

I've been able to connect 100% of the time when I try and you guys seem to be able to connect 100% of the time ... I guess it's a client side problem, maybe wrong version or a temporary network problem on their side.

Sometimes, if I leave the games running for a few days then I see lots and lots of "New Guest Timed Out" messages .... so I am restarting the games once every 24 hours which seems to prevent that, other than the odd one here and there.

I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

Thanks for that, appreciate it.
btw My Boss ... the ping rate comes up when you select the list of servers in LFS .. .you see the server name and a number on the right ... that is the ping.

Login Test Help
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG