The online racing simulator
Sure, if its not for her, I wouldnt know about LFS.
I have an idea..
If the developers could maybe make up some pamphlets we could download and print off, we could take them to Actual Racing events. I attend a few racing weekends of the V8 Supercars every weekend and they have stores there trying to sell cockpits and things, maybe we could give the pamphlets to them to give out or something.
I try to promote LFS to the SaxoSportsClub, which has a forum which often has 100 users on at any one time, and I belive a lot of them made the S2 leap

I sold my saxo and now I do the same with the Golf Forum and the Liverpool FC forum (300 users most of the time logged in)

Spread the word people
The biggest push that LFS actually really needs for success is to go final. You really only get the more curious/enthusiastic/in crowd, who are willing to invest their time in a beta product. S2 is Alpha, and the general assumptions about alpha products are they're chock full of bugs, missing content, and generally pretty unpolished/unoptimised/unstable and whathaveyou.. S2 final will draw in the crowd, as people will feel more confident that they're actually getting the finished deal. They can then play the way 'it's meant to be played'. ''S2 Alpha' sounds very turning off..
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Quote from Electrik Kar :The biggest push that LFS actually really needs for success is to go final. You really only get the more curious/enthusiastic/in crowd, who are willing to invest their time in a beta product. S2 is Alpha, and the general assumptions about alpha products are they're chock full of bugs, missing content, and generally pretty unpolished/unoptimised/unstable and whathaveyou.. S2 final will draw in the crowd, as people will feel more confident that they're actually getting the finished deal. They can then play the way 'it's meant to be played'. ''S2 Alpha' sounds very turning off..

I agree, though I understand the developers decition about it.
I am on some other game forums, and for a lot of games you have those signature pictures that show your rank, or time spent online (today/this week/all time).
I havent seen anything like that for LFS yet. Would be nice to include that as a sig on forums.
All the data should be available on lfsworld... A nice button with traveled distance, races won, 2nd, 3rd, races finished..
Something like this:
Quote : I agree, though I understand the developers decition about it.

It's a great system. And interestingly being used more now by some of the bigger companies to help obtain feedback on bugs/gameplay from the gaming public before launch. I'm thinking of BF 2142 which has just been through a strong public beta test phase. If only they had done that with BF2! Too many games are being released nowadays as alpha's in the guise of finished product. Atleast LFS has the decency to say it's alpha. And I agree it's probably more bug free than many of the 'finished' games around at the moment.
#83 - Jakg
lfs-status.de does that i think
Been advertising LFS in the Operation Flashpoint community for a while now.
Firstly only under friends and befriended clans.
But it really exploded after someone posted on the main BIS-forums , resulting in 12 pages in just 7days and about 10licenses sold in that time too.

So if there are any other OFP fans here, feel free to post in the thread and try lure more players into LFS

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/ ... ;act=ST;f=11;t=53814;st=0
Quote from Jakg :lfstatus.de does that i think

Site is offline (at least here, atm..)
I've been noticing something a bit frustrating.
Told many people here in Istanbul about LFS, and they all say, "Oh yeah, I know it, I've played it on the Xbox". What they really know is Need for Speed. The names are really similar and confusing, but when I clarify "Live for Speed", I get blank looks. I don't know if this confusion is helping or hurting LFS, for eg. the Fox news story "Need for Speed", but I am wondering if say when S3 comes around the devs will change the title slighty, maybe add something- which will help distinguish LFS away from NFS... ?

PS, what does the S stand for in S1/S2/S3 ?
Stage.
Quote from riffey4 :Site is offline (at least here, atm..)

he made a little error with the link. it's lfs-status.de
#89 - Jakg
Quote from BlackEye :he made a little error with the link. it's lfs-status.de

thanks, edited!
Quote from Nick_ll :Is developping a North American League considered a community effort in the right direction??
http://lfsnal.org

We, here in Quebec, are starting a new league. The inscriptions are going not too bad but could be better. We are in an association that have already a league with R-Factor, many divisions with Nascar 2003. So it is not easy to bring those guys with us, but I am doing whatever I can to sell the idea because I am more and more addicted to this sim. Like I read in other post, maybe it is the fact that the game is still in Alpha version and don't have all the stats in the game and the interface is a bit complicated if you compare it to other games.
So come and join us Mr. Lafortune and everybody are welcome!
Forum link= http://www.quebecracing.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=32
League link(new)= http://www.simracedriver.com/lfsquebec/
Calendar = http://www.quebecracing.com/fo ... ts.asp?TID=15061&PN=1
just a suggestion... advertise it on myspace... and myspace bulletins :P... it'll prolly get around quick...
Good idea from subhumanspunk. There could be a kind of unofficial LFS User on myspace and on youtube. Especially at youtube we could place the best LFS Videos. It doesnt has to be crashes and the like, but nice close Races from all kinds of cars the Sim offers. With realistic Camera Views only and highlighting the excitement LFS brings. Surely some leagues would have nice Videos to offer.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Especially at youtube we could place the best LFS Videos. It doesnt has to be crashes and the like, but nice close Races from all kinds of cars the Sim offers. With realistic Camera Views only and highlighting the excitement LFS brings. Surely some leagues would have nice Videos to offer.

They are already there.

A search for "lfs" gives 718 results atm, so I guess, if someone watches them all, he gets a good idea of LFS.

Choose to sort them after rating, and you get the best LFS videos ever made on the first page.
official lfs myspace and myspace group =D

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG