The online racing simulator
Ran my first (real) AutoX
(33 posts, started )
Been to one before, but did not drive. Practiced a few times on LFS and then last sunday went out and drove

Out of 28 novice drivers I finished 3rd, and ONLY because I hit 1 cone. I had the better time but the cone screwed me!

Still pretty happy overall. Figured I'd be way down in the pack but it was a nice suprise!

(oh, and i'm completely hooked on it now! I'll be going every month!)
#2 - jtr99
Congrats. Did you tell them all your secret (i.e., LFS)?
Was the autox layout in LFS the same as the real one? Would that be cheating? You should tell them about LFS.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Was the autox layout in LFS the same as the real one? Would that be cheating? You should tell them about LFS.

No, but that would have been a great advantage! It was a pretty quick layout though which was nice. I did tell all the people i was corner-working with about LFS. They seemed really into it. We'll see if they come on line though
awsome job...yea, autox is a lot of fun in real life. If they use the same course everytime, you should take a picture of it and then make it in LFS..would be interesting to see if it actually helps you in real life.
I've always wanted to do it. I love the autocross in LFS, and doing it real life would be a blast, I think.

BTW, what kind of car do you have? There are some pretty cool turbo 4 doors out there
Quote from 96 GTS :I've always wanted to do it. I love the autocross in LFS, and doing it real life would be a blast, I think.

BTW, what kind of car do you have? There are some pretty cool turbo 4 doors out there

Yea, you should definately see if there are any tracks around where you live. It's not as fun as running a real track...but it is awsome nonetheless.

the only turbo 4 door ever worth mentioning..is the SRT-4..lol...j/k...but i might be biased on that statement
Quote from dave4002000 :Yea, you should definately see if there are any tracks around where you live. It's not as fun as running a real track...but it is awsome nonetheless.

the only turbo 4 door ever worth mentioning..is the SRT-4..lol...j/k...but i might be biased on that statement

Lancer Evo, Subaru STi, C4 and B5 Audi S4 aren't worth it?
Quote from 96 GTS :Lancer Evo, Subaru STi, C4 and B5 Audi S4 aren't worth it?

Evo falls on it's face at about 40mph....STi burns the motor up between 30k-40k miles... i'll agree with you on the S4, though...i wouldn't mind owning one of those :P

now the disclamer for all the flamers that are going to inevitably post here...

These are my opinions and my opinions only. They do not reflect the actual quality/performance of any car listed above. Please do not post anything resembling "dude, u have no clue what u r talkin bout..my friend's brother's sister-in-law has 1 and she pwns everything she races!" However, if you actually have something constructive to add, please do not hesistate to post it
Quote :They do not reflect the actual quality/performance of any car listed above.

Then, why do you present your subjective opinion as if it were objective truth?

You said, for example,
Quote :Evo falls on it's face at about 40mph

while you should say "i think it falls on it's face at about 40mph".

Disclaimers are useless, you should present your thoughts as you want others to receive them. Not write something as if it were objective and then try to "soften" it.

like...

You're are dumb!

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion, it doesn't mean that you are indeed dumb.

:/
let me reword my previous statement, because you obviously did not understand me...

if you do not have anything constructive to add to the post about the cars...then do not post anything
Quote from dave4002000 :let me reword my previous statement, because you obviously did not understand me...

if you do not have anything constructive to add to the post about the cars...then do not post anything

+1111111
Quote from george_tsiros :Then, why do you present your subjective opinion as if it were objective truth?

Hey, George.

This is the internet. Worse, it's a discussion forum. I don't know about you, but I mentally add on the words "It's my subjective, probably wrong, heavily biased opinion that..." in front of just about everything I read here.

Cheers,
--Jason.
Quote from dave4002000 :if you do not have anything constructive to add to the post about the cars...then do not post anything

Even because you seem to have "constructing" opinions about modern sports cars, why don't you argument your claims to be more believable? Or like you said - shut up.

I agree with George Tsiros here..
Quote from george_tsiros :
You're are dumb!

Disclaimer: this is my personal opinion, it doesn't mean that you are indeed dumb.

:/

Let the flamewar start ... but isn't that a typical american way of doing things ?
Quote from frokki :Even because you seem to have "constructing" opinions about modern sports cars, why don't you argument your claims to be more believable?

hmmm...let me think about this one...

first...i am not "constructing" opinions..i am simply stating them.

second...if they are my "opinions",(which you, yourself, has stated them to be), how can i argument them to be more believable? It is my opinion...if you wants facts...look elsewhere.

I love this forum...it is incredibly predictable...makes me laugh everytime someone gets all worked up over words on a computer screen.

I also love how people use big words to sound like they know what they are talking about. Especially when the words they use do not fit into the context of the statement. And then, when all else fails, they resort to personal attacks. Which you can clearly see an example of in George's post.

That's it for me, this thread has already gotten way too far off topic...you can flame all you want...but there will be no more replies from me.

and again...great job turbo4door and good luck with your future autox'ing
Wow! Way to trash my thread. Thanks!

anyway, to those who are interested, I drive a 2002 WRX Sedan
Quote from dave4002000 :hmmm...let me think about this one...

first...i am not "constructing" opinions..i am simply stating them.

I meant constructive as an adjective, not a verb.

Quote from dave4002000 :
second...if they are my "opinions",(which you, yourself, has stated them to be), how can i argument them to be more believable? It is my opinion...if you wants facts...look elsewhere.

Stating an opinion where you say a top quality sports car isn't able fill the task its designed for (going fast) is worth nothing (and often called trolling - I apologize for swallowing the bate) if you don't argument it.

Quote from dave4002000 : I also love how people use big words to sound like they know what they are talking about. Especially when the words they use do not fit into the context of the statement.

English is not my native language so I ask forgiveness for my 'big words' (that were no intendent) when they don't fit the context.

I don't like personal verbal fighting in public forums, haven't done it and won't do it. It's nice to see that you think like that too.

On Topic:
It's always nice to be positively surprised about your own success, no matter what sort of accomplishment it is. Congratulations, and good luck to the next event!

Sorry for trashing your thread, turbo4door
i maybe can drive 1 race in the VW Funcup and if i make good impression i'll may be discovered
Quote from turbo4door :Wow! Way to trash my thread. Thanks!

anyway, to those who are interested, I drive a 2002 WRX Sedan

To go back to the topic:

Tell something about the track? How lang? What was the ground like? Gravel, dirt and so on =)

And please post some pictures of the car and the track if possible.
Quote from Polaxis :To go back to the topic:

Tell something about the track? How lang? What was the ground like? Gravel, dirt and so on =)

And please post some pictures of the car and the track if possible.

I dont have any pictures of the track really, its hard to get pictures they dont want spectators anywhere close to the track just in case.

It was a low 40 second track with lots of offset gates, a 2 slaloms and a chicago box and 180 hairpin turn. The surface was horrible, asphault but it was coming up pretty badly. its an old runway thats not used at the local airport.

a few pics of my car:

I was able to attend and autocross school back in the spring. First oppertuninty to really push my car. The school was cool because you got to make about 10 runs not the usaual 3 or 4. One of the instructors I had knew about LFS but was un-impressed. I think he was mental, I beat his time in my car by a few seconds. Now if I can solve the water and oil leaks and get weekends off I plan to run every event I can next year.
Quote from Gimpster :I was able to attend and autocross school back in the spring. First oppertuninty to really push my car. The school was cool because you got to make about 10 runs not the usaual 3 or 4. One of the instructors I had knew about LFS but was un-impressed. I think he was mental, I beat his time in my car by a few seconds. Now if I can solve the water and oil leaks and get weekends off I plan to run every event I can next year.

unimpressed? WHAT?! illepall
There was an instructor at our event that wasn't very fast...kind of odd if you ask me. What are you driving?

What school did you do? I was thinking of doing the evolution school
Quote from dave4002000 :Evo falls on it's face at about 40mph

Hmmm, Evo falling flat on it's face at about 64kph? How? Just curious.

Last time I checked, Lancer Evolutions took hairpins at 40mph...

BTW, the FQ360 (OEM 360hp) version eats supercars (read Lamborghinis) for breakfast.
Quote from dave4002000 :However, if you actually have something constructive to add, please do not hesistate to post it

You should get out more, and/or pick up a history book.

The SRT4 is a mildly amusing Neon. Not something to be particularly awed by.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG