The online racing simulator
Auto message when connect?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - X-Ter
I did a serch but nothing turned up. Also looked in the LFS (unofficial) Manual, but didn't find anything. So here goes...
How do you create auto messages that show up every time someone connects to your server? I've seen it on occasion on some servers, but far from all use it. What's the secret?
You can do it with a program called Race Manager.

http://silk.lfsnal.org/RaceManager.html

Hopefully the devs will put in an option for "message of the day" or something similar before S2 final ships.
#3 - X-Ter
Thanks a lot mate Just what I needed
#4 - X-Ter
Need some help with this...
Installed the race manager and followed the instructions to the best of my ability. But when someone connects, it only displays Invalid MTC packet and no welcome message what so ever. What am I doing wrong?
Is Race Manager connecting to the server? You can see in the status bar at the bottom it will either say "connected" or "could not connect to server!" or something similar. Make sure you start LFS first, then start RM or it won't connect. Also, make sure you use "insim=29999" in LFS (unless you changed the port in the race manager config file).

If it is connecting turn off (stop) every service except for the welcome message to help narrow it down. The instructions for RM are pretty old and it only shows S1 syntax. Some of that stuff has changed for S2 so part of the instructions are incorrect.

Make sure it's connecting and that the welcome message is the only running service. If you still can't get it to work I might be able to help you over PM or AIM.
#6 - X-Ter
I'm trying it out now. I'll let you know as soon as someone has connected (it seems as any and all welcome message doesn't show up for the local user).
#7 - ekze

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG