Losing connection constantly please HELP!
Since Friday I have not been able to stay on line for more than a couple of minutes without losing connection to host. This has never really happened before. I know that the master server had some problems on Friday but I have read other threads that say this is now sorted.

I have also contacted my ISP to see if they have any problems with the network or ports etc...... nothing

Can anybody shed some light please.....the AI just aren't good enough!
#2 - Jakg
what firewall do you have?
just the norm, windows XP firewall
#4 - Jakg
is it enabled? try turning it off, and if you do want a free firewall try Sygate
Thanks. I'll give it a go..........Was running fine b4 Friday, seems funny that my problems starting happening the same day as the server went down....

Do you think they may be linked??
No good....just tried it with firewall off and still losing connection after 2 mins or so.

Really struggling here!
#7 - Jakg
you on wireless? what router do you have? tried a new copy of LFS?
I'm on Tiscali broadband 2mb.

I thought that might be it so I downloaded patch U from scratch yesterday...but am still getting the same problem.

Might it something to do with new programs that have been installed????
Ofcourse it might have something to do with new programs. What exactly did you install?
#10 - Jakg
done a spyware/antivirus scan? you on wireless?
Quote from MOSS_DJ23 :I'm on Tiscali broadband 2mb.

I thought that might be it so I downloaded patch U from scratch yesterday...but am still getting the same problem.

Might it something to do with new programs that have been installed????

I'm with Tiscali and have same problem. I'm convinced its overload at exchange cos playing at 3am in morning is fine!!!
Quote from AndroidXP :Ofcourse it might have something to do with new programs. What exactly did you install?

emule last weekend.........

You having same problem Jangler??? I have seen a few similar threads recently.........interesting that you are with Tiscali, yet when I spoke to them yesterday.....everything was fine.

I went on line this morning about 7:00 and had no problems.......Sounds like the overload theory is favourite at the mo
I'm fairly sure thats what the problem is. Shame cos this game loses its appeal with no online racing.
guys, there are 99999 threads with this same type of problem, its a real shame that LFS is getting throttled by these ISPs.
Looks like I will only be playing during the deepest darkest night then.

Ah well............there goes the sleeping pattern!
i have the EXACT same problem!! 3days ago i've been convinced to try this game, and i'm loving it, except the fact that i cant realize why do i lost connection with all the (demo) servers after a couple of minutes playing...its totally random, sometimes i got disco after 1min,3 ,10min...there's not a pattern if u know what i mean, nor special messages... i have zonealarm+router, but i gave lfs full acess on firewall.
i'm really in the mood to buy this game license, but if i cant solve this disconnecting problem, i wont get much fun playing alone...
fyi i have a 8Mb broadband cable connection, and no isp problems.
any one can help a future new member? thanks in advance.
#17 - SamH
Try disabling Zone Alarm (briefly!) to see if doing so improves things. If you're using a router, the risk is significantly reduced anyway, thanks to "NAT". Zone Alarm is excellent, for a freebie, but it's not perfect yet.
i had this since the server had problems as well TBH

although i have not played the game for a few days so i am not sure if it "fixed itself"

bt broadband FWIW
iv had problems on and off since the 18th of this month, really bugging me, although iv noticed webpages are slower to load aswell, so this may be to do with my connection, iv got 250k pipex wireless connection
frase
are ISP`s throttling connections for LFS?
#21 - SamH
I don't think they're throttling LFS specifically, but unfortunately many games use ports in a similar range to many P2P programs. LFS included. ISPs may be throttling P2P (Limewire, Emule etc), and LFS is potentially going to suffer as a subsequence.

It's a good idea to check your provider's help member forum, and possibly raise the problem in a thread.. or if you're really agitated, land a call on tech support.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG