The online racing simulator
League Of The Americas - Formula V8 Challenge

LOTA Formula V8 Challenge I

Members from CoRe Racing, BlackSheep SimRacing, Land Of The Free Racing, and Chops Racing Canada are presenting a new league exclusively for the racers of the Western Hemisphere. We understand that international leagues are difficult to schedule and participate in. Focusing on drivers from, at most, 3 time zones, allows us to present a competitive, potentially large league, with better scheduling flexibility.

We will be using the great FO8 and a modified race-line up procedure, including a short qual session and a sprint race.

League Registration is limited to 40 drivers spread over 2 servers. Our racing servers are two of North America's fastest LFS servers (CoRe Racing and Land Of The Free Racing) that provide fast, stable racing environments. Our points are designed to reward participation and to create a very close points battle, where every position and bonus point is critical.

Season 1 Schedule
October 12, 2006 - Race 1 - Westhill International - 32 Laps
October 19, 2006 - Race 2 - Aston Grand Prix - 20 Laps
October 26, 2006 - Race 3 - Kyoto GP Long - 23 Laps

November 2, 2006 - BREAK (rally fun race - check forums)

November 9, 2006 - Race 4 - Aston North Reverse - 27 Laps
November 16, 2006 - Race 5 - Fern Bay Black - 22 Laps

November 23, 2006 - BREAK (US Holiday - Thanksgiving)

November 30, 2006 - Race 6 - South City Long - 32 Laps
December 7, 2006 - Race 7 - Blackwood - 44 Laps
December 14, 2006 - Race 8 - Kyoto National - 30 Laps

General Race Format
10 minutes of Qualifying, 8-lap Sprint Race w/ results determining line-up for 45 minute Feature Race.

Event Day Schedule
12:00 PM - Server is setup and passworded.

9:00 PM - League Drivers should begin to assemble to prepare for qualifying.
9:15 PM - 10 minutes of qualifying.
9:25 PM - End of Qualifying - strict 5 minute break to follow
9:30 PM - Start of 8-lap Sprint Race (no pits req'd)

Following - Setting Line-ups for Feature Race - Penatlies for non-cooperation during line-up setting.

Following - Feature Racing - Laps to approximate 45 minutes. (1) pitstop required - no pitting on lap 1 or the last 2.

Points Schedule
1st place receives points equal to the number of participants plus 1.
Second recieves points equal to the number of participants minus 1.
Third through last place receives the points of the next highest finisher minus 1.

Feature Race Bonus Points (1 point per) awarded for: Leading a Lap, Best Lap Time Stability, Highest Climber, Fastest Lap.

If you compete in every event, you will drop the points of your worst event, and then be given a five (5) point participation bonus.

A thorough set of rules and regulations are posted on the forums. Please read them carefully.

For more information and league registration, please visit: League Of The Americas Forums
FYI....only 7 spots left for season 1.
count me, this sounds like alot of fun. Just tell me where to sign
Where did all the Eagles go?
Don't know. I also made contact with NASSA last night. I am attempting to contact BAR, ZMS, and Vipers.
All great and everything, but I cannot find what times you will be holding this race. I assume since you are EST Banshee, it is 9PM EST?

That would be 6PM PST, and that is just too early since some people get off work and all .
Event Day Schedule
12:00 PM - Server is setup and passworded.

9:00 PM - League Drivers should begin to assemble to prepare for qualifying.
9:15 PM - 10 minutes of qualifying.
9:25 PM - End of Qualifying - strict 5 minute break to follow
9:30 PM - Start of 8-lap Sprint Race (no pits req'd)

These times will be held to the minute. With qual sessions, breaks, sprints, and features, we will be finishing up around 10:30 PM EST. I really don't want to go much later than that, but I understand the need to schedule to benefit people in 3 different time zones. I will speak with the other officials about the time.
Having secured the use of a second server (Thanks Land Of The Free), we are opening up registration of the league to 40 drivers. We are working out some details for server splitting, and will post this info on the LOTA Forums.

Currently, we are sitting at 20 drivers registered.
Quote from MARSH2a :Where did all the Eagles go?

A few of us will be there. The rest are flying high on GTR2
With the registration of the first drivers outside of North America, the LOTA Formula V8 Challenge I is now up to 27 drivers.

NOTE: Some rules changes regarding server splitting, penalties, and team points have been posted.

To race in this league, please register for the LOTA Forums, read and understand the Official Rules, and make a post in the Registration Thread.
-
(Tweaker) DELETED by Tweaker
Our first race of the season is this Thursday!! There are only 5 registration spots left out of 40 for drivers from Western Hemisphere countries. Sign up quick if you want to race!!
I'd like to sign up, but I'm waiting for an admin to approve my account. Hopefully someone can get to that before thursday
Done, sorry for the delay.
Danke! Looks like a pretty nice series shaping up!
Yessir! With your registration, we have 39 drivers signed up. Some pretty fast ones too!
im excited for tomorrow. After some testing since i am new to V8's, this track has some unique characteristics which could play a key role if you do well in this race or not. Not sure if its just the V8 or not, but small adjustments reap big rewards or losses. Wish everyone the best of luck
LOTA Formula V8 Challenge I - Race 1 is just around the clock! Our server assignments have been completed and we expect an exciting race!

ATTENTION: There is still 1 spot available!! If you live in the Western Hemisphere and love the FO8, come race with us! Register for our forums and sign up in the FV8 Season 1 section.

When results from our first race are available, they will be posted on the LOTA forums and in this thread.
Our first event was a resounding success! 18 of 20 drivers on Server 1, and 14 of 18 on Server 2. Mercury's D.Seward (Tweak) took his FO8 to task and set a new WR in preparation for this event. Seward walked away with the event, taking the points lead.

Go here for the event results: http://lfs-lota.net/smf/index.php?topic=76.msg368#msg368

Go Here for the current points standings: http://lfs-lota.net/smf/index.php?topic=75.0

ATTENTION: There are 2 spots remaining for registration! Get in there quick!
We've completed 3 of 8 events in our innagural season. So far, we have had 5 different winners on two servers, and a good points battle is brewing.

If you live in the Western Hemisphere, and are interested in running the FO8 with a great bunch of drivers, we have 6 spots open in the registration list!

Visit the League Of The Americas Forums for details!
I think I'll sign up.
Just a quick note, LOTA will host a fun rally event this evening (9:15 PM EST). We will run 25 laps in the RB4 at Blackwood RallyX. One (1) pitstop will be required.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG