The online racing simulator
Problem creating an account on LFS main site
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but i cant see a better one.
My friend has been trying to purchase LFS:S2, so he has tried to create an account on the LFS main site, he did this on tuesday or wednesday last week but has yet to receive the e-mail he was told he would get. He has also sent an e-mail to the developers about this but has had no response.
Is there anything wrong with the account creation side of things at the moment?
Obviously he has been playing the demo for a couple of weeks now and has become hooked on it like the rest of us and is eager to try out all the other cars and tracks.
#2 - Gunn
Perhaps he is using one of those email providers that like to put everything in the junk mail folder? I would check there first.
Quote from GFresh :I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this but i cant see a better one.
My friend has been trying to purchase LFS:S2, so he has tried to create an account on the LFS main site, he did this on tuesday or wednesday last week but has yet to receive the e-mail he was told he would get. He has also sent an e-mail to the developers about this but has had no response.
Is there anything wrong with the account creation side of things at the moment?
Obviously he has been playing the demo for a couple of weeks now and has become hooked on it like the rest of us and is eager to try out all the other cars and tracks.

ummm... your site is not a racing website in your signature and looks to be like a search portal. please check your junk mail. it seems that it might be in there. ive noticed that from time to time, plus your account on the forums now shows GFreshmenu_register("postmenu_223891", true);
S2 licensed

the moderator might want to close this now.
Quote from GFresh :My friend has been trying to purchase LFS:S2

Quote from VipeNess : ive noticed that from time to time, plus your account on the forums now shows GFreshmenu_register("postmenu_223891", true);
S2 licensed

the moderator might want to close this now.

his friend has these problems not he Wink
Yeah, sorry, i need to change that address, i'll do it now Thumbs up.
(i knew i'd risk this kind of comment)
I asked because he has no account here, it's pointless him making one only to have to use a different one when he has registered.

Also, he has checked his junk e-mail box and its not there.
It sounds like an email problem. Does he have a hotmail account? Many mails from our system aren't received by some hotmail accounts, and we don't know any reason for this, though it does cause a huge number of users never to succeed in registering with us. If that's the case then they can't even get any reply from our technical support. So the best thing would be to try using another email account. As far as I know, hotmail is best avoided anyway, too many problems with it.
Hmmm.......I use Hotmail, have done for years, never had a problem.

Dan,
Hotmail uses a lot of different servers around the world and a lot of them just don't work properly - unless MS really wanted their users not to receive mails from LFS - but LFS has never sent a spam in its entire history... so we must conclude that it's unintentional. Most of the new users on our "awaiting activation" list and who never get activated, are hotmal accounts.
Quote from Scawen :Hotmail uses a lot of different servers around the world and a lot of them just don't work properly - unless MS really wanted their users not to receive mails from LFS - but LFS has never sent a spam in its entire history... so we must conclude that it's unintentional. Most of the new users on our "awaiting activation" list and who never get activated, are hotmal accounts.

Can't you contact MS about this?
#10 - Gunn
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Can't you contact MS about this?

They (MS) have known about it for years.
To be fair, if a mail is flagged as junk in hotmail, you can VERY easily make it so that mail from that address never gets junked in the future, any mail flagged as junk only ever goes to the junk folder anyway, from where you can retreive it very easily.

I find it very difficult to believe that so many people have problems with it, I have never ever had a mail go stray either from LFS or anywhere else.

Dan,
#12 - Jakg
hotmail works fine for LFS (For Me) although i am slightly annoyed that with my spam-free inbox i cant disable the Junk Filter which keeps making false positives!
I have created a new e-mail address on my server for my friend and registered him that way, it worked instantly and he has now purchased S2.Big grin
He has a BT e-mail address and i can only assume they also have some weird spam filtering at their end.
His username is 'Rish' BTW.

Thanks for all your help.
#14 - Rish
Quote from GFresh :I have created a new e-mail address on my server for my friend and registered him that way, it worked instantly and he has now purchased S2.Big grin
He has a BT e-mail address and i can only assume they also have some weird spam filtering at their end.
His username is 'Rish' BTW.

Thanks for all your help.

FINALLY, had a problem registering with my emails tried my bt email and my hotmail i even tried the manual registration, nothing worked!!! so just for those who were questioning the truth in what Gfresh was sayin here i am!!!!Smile
:up: Welcome to the community Rish Smile
#16 - Rish

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG