The online racing simulator
AI Intelligence
(5 posts, started )
AI Intelligence
Hi. I don't know if this goes here but well.
I have a question, is there something to make the AI's a little more competitive than they are?
#2 - kaynd
Training… You can see that after a few completed laps they get faster. But there is a limit… though I don’t know in how many laps they reach their limit, I think they are not competitive at all...

If you can beat a well trained pro AI, you are ready to start racing on line, being 5 or more sec slower than the average racer.

This thread suits better at the LFS Beginners Forum and with the help of Search button you could find many threads related to ΑΙ competitiveness.
You can train the AI by giving them a full fuel tank and letting them drive for an hour or so. It's best to throw in a few slower cars, too, so they learn to overtake properly. Overall the AI is very WIP, and has a severe handicap as it doesn't yet understand complex things as tyre heat, wear and dirt. They're literally the AI from S1 with a few quick hacks to make them S2 compatible (ex: resetting the car to repair). As far as I know, they also have problems controlling the newer and faster cars, specifically the BF1.

In the end, no amount of training makes them competitive. Usually a relatively good LFS player has no problems finishing first after one or two laps starting from behind a full PRO AI grid.

They're only somewhat good for training newbies, but only to get them up to speed so they don't totally suck online. Proper racecraft cannot be learned from them, as the AI wrecks more than most online racers
Thanks you both i lost the thread lol
#5 - Woz
Don't train them too much otherwise they will learn the speed they can go with warm tires and then they will off when you restart a new race.

AI Intelligence
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG