The online racing simulator
3D Rendering with PHP
(12 posts, started )
3D Rendering with PHP
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but me and filur have been playing around with it. It allows you to render 3ds files with PHP and it works quite well. I've yet to get my hands on a LFS car to render with it. But I think it would be pheasable. The files can be found here :

http://pear.php.net/package/Image_3D

Keep in mind that PHP5 is a requirement and this is not ment to be run on your web server. (As it would probably kill it.)
Attached images
example.png
Image_3D_Object_Cone.png
Image_3D_Object_Map.png
Image_3D_Object_Pie.png
Image_3D_Object_Torus.png
Image_3D_ZBuffer.png
Quote from Dygear :I don't know if anyone has seen this, but me and filur have been playing around with it. It allows you to render 3ds files with PHP and it works quite well. I've yet to get my hands on a LFS car to render with it. But I think it would be pheasable. The files can be found here :

http://pear.php.net/package/Image_3D

Keep in mind that PHP5 is a requirement and this is not ment to be run on your web server. (As it would probably kill it.)

what is it PHP?! and is there a purpose to use it rather then max?
#4 - ORION
Dygear I recommend you send a little pm to Victor, he can help you out with that
Quote from ORION :Dygear I recommend you send a little pm to Victor, he can help you out with that

lol
I've only just noticed this thread, but surely this is potentially the most pointless thing ever? Unless you're going to be doing user submitted-queued rendering for the community? And even then I'm sure there are other tools for the job?

Nice spot though
#7 - ORION
Quote from speedykev :lol

Thats not a joke, he already showed me a script that can render z-buffer correct cmx mesh with flat shading
no textures though...

I guess its a better idea to use Flash instead, also as you can then move things around. But that will require a lot coding...
Still the idea is neat. And 'submitted-queued rendering for the community' was what I was thinking of. You sign up for SimFIA then get you skin render onto the car your driving as you get added to the list along with you and your team mate(s) helmet. Think it would add something to SimFIA.
#9 - ORION
So you want to program a raytracer in php... good idea
I'd rather open 3dsmax on a machine and (try to) modify the material texture camera position and execute the render using maxscript.
Im not sure in how far this is possible, but I hope it is
those renders quality is shitty.. so whats the point?
id rather do it on my box using vray or something
Quote from ORION :I'd rather open 3dsmax on a machine and (try to) modify the material texture camera position and execute the render using maxscript.

Quote from ramtech :those renders quality is shitty.. so whats the point? id rather do it on my box using vray or something

The point is probably that if this little renderer would support textures, you could render small team car pictures on your linux box without a desktop environment, without going outside php and even without writing any files if you wanted to. There are probably much better ways of accomplishing this, but i don't think launching a full-featured 3d modeling / rendering application would be an option for the kind of thing Dygear has in mind.
i guess they are working on the "3D Streaming" technology or something

3D Rendering with PHP
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG