The online racing simulator
Dual monitor wallpaper?
(19 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
Dual monitor wallpaper?
I've plugged another monitor in and it works but atm I'm only getting an identical wallpaper on each desktop. Is there a way to use seperate images or stretch one image across both?
#2 - Jakg
UltraMon could help you there, or nView
#3 - ajp71
Cheers
nView will also help. I'm sure theres an equivilent for ATI too

Edit: bleh, jakg beat me to it
stretching only the bg image over both screens is afaik not possible with nview, it only allows to stretch the whole desktop over the two screens, which also stretches the taskbar - useful, but windows are being maximized over both screens, too - not useful.
#6 - ajp71
Another queston, is it possible to use apps on one screen (secondary monitor) and not take focus from full screen apps on the primary monitor (LFS/N2003)?
Quote from Tanuva :stretching only the bg image over both screens is afaik not possible with nview

It is if you use Horizontal Span instead of Dual View.

Quote from ajp71 :Another queston, is it possible to use apps on one screen (secondary monitor) and not take focus from full screen apps on the primary monitor (LFS/N2003)?

If you set them to be always on top this will do this to some extent, although I'm not 100% sure thats what you want... I believe what you want would be against the Windows GUI design
Quote from Tanuva :stretching only the bg image over both screens is afaik not possible with nview, it only allows to stretch the whole desktop over the two screens, which also stretches the taskbar - useful, but windows are being maximized over both screens, too - not useful.

You are talking Bollocks!

If the image is the right size for 2 monitors simply select tile instead of stretch or centre.

If your monitors are arranged the opposite way like mine, simply cut wallpaper in half.

Ultramon fixes the task bar problem too...
and you can maximise windows to 1 window with nview by right clicking, nview options and maximise to this monitor.
On a related note, what's the best way to run LFS over 2 monitors? Using windowed mode and dragging it across both displays results in pretty meagre fps (i.e. 18fps instead of 140fps).
I like the smart taskbar feature of Ultramon, however, is there anyway to stop it getting clicked through LFS. It's really annoying to keep going back to desktop when clicking on a button in the bottom left of LFS.
You could move the virtual position of the second monitor to be above the primary, that way the mouse won't move onto it accidentally.
Quote from Bob Smith :On a related note, what's the best way to run LFS over 2 monitors? Using windowed mode and dragging it across both displays results in pretty meagre fps (i.e. 18fps instead of 140fps).

With an nVidia , go to settings/advanced/nView Display/Horizontal span and run it in 2048 x 768 (i.e (1024 x 2) x 768 or whatever res x2 you run your monitors in)
Quote from Bob Smith :You could move the virtual position of the second monitor to be above the primary, that way the mouse won't move onto it accidentally.

Sorry I didn't make it very clear. I obviously play LFS on the primary monitor but want my start bar to be on the secondary one, therefore the smart bar goes on the primary (LFS) monitor. When clicking on buttons in the bottom left of the screen in LFS the click is not registered by LFS but instead by the smart bar underneath it, this takes the focus off LFS like pressing alt + tab does, it's not a major issue because it only happens in the menus but it is annoying.
Aha. Temporarily turn it off? It seems the smart bar can only be at the bottom, rather than at the top or sides like the start bar. Damn, these words are confusing. Weird that happens at all though.

Quote from Seahorse :With an nVidia...

And with an ATI?
You would need to speak to a multi-monitor setup owner with one! Besides, driving with the split in the middle of your FOV is a pain in the proverbials, hence the need for 3 monitors...
Who says it has to be in the middle.
whereelse should it be with a 2-monitor-setup?
Quote from Tanuva :whereelse should it be with a 2-monitor-setup?

What about keeping the primary monitor in the same place in LFS but having the secondary rotated 45 degrees so that you'll only have to press a button to look one way.

Dual monitor wallpaper?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG