The online racing simulator
Well, it's unevadable that something's going wrong once in a time... too bad it happend during such a dangerous 'stunt'
Quote from keiran :What amount of training could save him from what looked to be a mechanical failure?

in fact im just wondering how do you practice parachute failure recovery?
at what speed? 250mph? 200 mph? 150? 100?
Alot of reports are saying diff, some 280MPH, some 320MPH and some inbetween.

But we do know this much, he was going hellova fast, hope he makes as good a reovery as described, they are worried about life long damage on the front of his brain but appart from that they are pleased with recovery.

I'm glad to see he has got past the worst of it but i'm still worried about the long term damage, hopefully, if any, it's minimal.
Quote from AndRand :in fact im just wondering how do you train parachute failure recovery?
at what speed? 250mph? 200 mph? 150? 100?

People keep talking about parachutes but as far as I'm aware the Vampire only has one. Otherwise that would be a terrible design as I can't imagine parachutes unfolding at the exact same time.

Had it been a parachute it would have been very easily identified by the crew watching on. My gut feeling is suspension failure or most likely a puncture. At them sorts of speeds I can't begin to imagine how much pressure must be pressing on them tyres.

Keiran
It was a car similar to the Vampire, the car Richard was using had 2 parachutes (i think i heard from the news) and witnesses said there was lots of smoke before he left the road. One thing that comes to my mind - Blowout - You see it alot on Top Fuel Drag cars (which reach similar speeds) they vere to one side if the tyres blow.
any update on his condition !!hope he recovers soon
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
wow thats really good news.. certainly didint expect to be up and about so soon...

Cammon Hampster.. you can do it!
Amazingly god news. I hope it's true, and that the sarcastic little man is back to (nearly) his best Clarksons teeth whitening jokes pale into insignificance when he's referring to a survivor of a 300mph jet-car crash. Now Clarkson is the underdog
That is great news

“In the wee small hours [late on Thursday night] Richard Hammond suddenly sat up in bed, opened his eyes and asked what had happened,” Clarkson said. He had replied: “You’ve been in a car accident.” Hammond asked whether he had been driving stupidly “before getting out of bed and walking, shakily, to the lavatory”, Clarkson writes in today’s Sun.

What a relief!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yay! he's up, he's talking, he's the same!
Woohoo!
Quote :Yesterday another co-presenter, James May, visited Hammond, 36, in hospital and had a brief conversation with him. “I’m not a doctor but I am his mate and I believe that deep inside the Hammond I know is perfectly intact,” May said.

That's really good news, come on hamster, you can make it
I heard he came out of bed today... (if you understand what I mean then...)
good god, he's a recovering god, i've got friends who recovered from 200 km/h crash for months...

I'll just hope he'll be back on TG
Go Hamster! :-D
anyone read clarksons piece in the sun?

at one point he sat up and looked at james may and said "hello cockface"

legend...
Good news so he is up and about
What exactly is an "unlimited" fine?
I don't know if I already mentioned this but apparently, Clarkson has said he is desperately trying to make sure Hamster has a place on Top Gear to come back too.
Quote from nutty boy :I don't know if I already mentioned this but apparently, Clarkson has said he is desperately trying to make sure Hamster has a place on Top Gear to come back too.

He means he must make sure that some idiots won't shut the show down. A guote From The Sun Online "Richard is winning his fight. And now mine begins. To make sure that he has a show to come back to." http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006440317,00.html
Surely they can´t shutdown TG for this?
´tis nothing but a scratch, as Hammond would say.
While waiting for the update of his progress, you might read this as well
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/index.html#a004732

Not much but at least something while waiting for more news

My opinion is that it was important news. I wouldn't have been so interested in Tony Blair had crashed his car.
I'd have been happy is Tony Blair had crashed his car.

Anyway, let's not start an argument about politics so scratch what I said above.
Quote from nutty boy :I'd have been happy is Tony Blair had crashed his car.

Anyway, let's not start an argument about politics so scratch what I said above.

Somewhat 'poor' taste nutty boy

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG