The online racing simulator
Playing using keyboard
(4 posts, started )
Playing using keyboard
Does anyone use the keyboard controls? I have to on my laptop, would I gain much from a controller?
FF Wheel > non-FF Wheel > Joystick > Mouse > Keyboard

If you can hook up a mouse or joystick, you'll be much better off.

I've heard of people having some success with gamepads but I've tried it (PS2 gamepad) and it just doesn't work for me. It's pretty much impossible to be precise without minimal steering lock, and even then it's super sensitive.
#3 - ORION
If the gamepad is digital and can only steer maxlock or 0°, than its even worde than keyboard (no help). Otherwise its about as good as mouse, if you have the weird thumb crippleness of nowadays mobile phone-destroyed generation... lol

FF Wheel > non-FF Wheel > Joystick > Mouse > anaglogue gamepad > Keyboard (ks - stablilized) > Keyboard (kn - no help) > digigal gamepad
I went from keyboard then went to mouse (i was 2 seconds quicker) then went to sidewinder gamepad (another 2 seconds quicker)and i have just brought a logitech driving force pro and that will make me quicker still. If you wont to get quick for little money get a sidewinder (dont know what model) but it has axis so you tilt it left and right and it steers but theres a button so you can use it like a normal gamepad you can get these for as little as £5 and there quality

Playing using keyboard
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG