The online racing simulator
Bump mapping
(29 posts, started )
#26 - Woz
Quote from RMachucaA :well, with Vista coming out with DX10, scavier should start thinking about working on the new shaders to support most of the bells and whistles that it can perform, including normal mapping.... I guess when the dev's feel ready they will tackle that....

Quote from Gabkicks :yeah that would be awsome if they lfs with full dx10 support. maybe have two versions. one for people with lower end pcs and dx8/9 support. and for people with higher end pcs, a version with full dx10 usage graphics. that would be awsome.

i plan on building a new pc after dx10 comes out

Oh yes, how I want LFS ported to a DRM infected OS that eats 800Mb while idle and does not trust the user and locks them out from core areas . At least it allows the likes of Sony, RIAA, MPA in to install any DRM etc they feel like and also scan your machine when you want to use content to see if feel its secure enough to let you use the content you have purchased.

At least Sony will not have to worry about root kits any more they will have the keys to your system given to them by MS. Oh joy

I also dont want to be able to use any virus/malware/spyware protection apart from that created by Microsoft because we all know the great track record MS have in that area.

Sorry, but I fail to see how people get excited about Vista. Have none of you looked at "Trusted Computing" and what it ACTUALLY means to YOU the user?

This should highlight where MS are going with Vista... The new Zune system will NOT play the current batch of MS WMA DRM infected files that are covered by the MS "Plays for Sure " initiative. If you have any of those DRM infected files then tough, you need to keep hardware that plays them along with a Zune player.

Or how about the fact that MS can take months and months to release patches and bug fixes unless the issue is in their DRM system in which case they get the fix out the door in 3 days. And when that is cracked a new patch follows 2 days later.
Indeed, Vista is one upgrade I'm not fussed about. The less software that needs it, the less software I miss out on. TBH I don't like using XP, but I have to admit it is the best OS M$ have pumped out so far, even if it is full of s**t I have to turn off. I can only imagine what nightmare Vista would be.

(btw, I've got XP down to using ~98MB of RAM at idle, I consider that a sensible figure - no need to use more!)
Quote from Woz :Oh yes, how I want LFS ported to a DRM infected OS that eats 800Mb while idle and does not trust the user and locks them out from core areas . At least it allows the likes of Sony, RIAA, MPA in to install any DRM etc they feel like and also scan your machine when you want to use content to see if feel its secure enough to let you use the content you have purchased.

At least Sony will not have to worry about root kits any more they will have the keys to your system given to them by MS. Oh joy

I also dont want to be able to use any virus/malware/spyware protection apart from that created by Microsoft because we all know the great track record MS have in that area.

Sorry, but I fail to see how people get excited about Vista. Have none of you looked at "Trusted Computing" and what it ACTUALLY means to YOU the user?

This should highlight where MS are going with Vista... The new Zune system will NOT play the current batch of MS WMA DRM infected files that are covered by the MS "Plays for Sure " initiative. If you have any of those DRM infected files then tough, you need to keep hardware that plays them along with a Zune player.

Or how about the fact that MS can take months and months to release patches and bug fixes unless the issue is in their DRM system in which case they get the fix out the door in 3 days. And when that is cracked a new patch follows 2 days later.

Just get yourself a nice Mac Pro or install Linux for all your work. Then dual-boot into a Vista partition only for gaming (if you ever need it for a game that needs DX10, which will be hopefully not before 2008 or so and till then there are maybe alternatives...)
#29 - Woz
Quote from severin_schoepke :Just get yourself a nice Mac Pro or install Linux for all your work. Then dual-boot into a Vista partition only for gaming (if you ever need it for a game that needs DX10, which will be hopefully not before 2008 or so and till then there are maybe alternatives...)

I am sticking with XP and that is the last MS OS I will ever buy unless they change their ways. I will just have to miss out on any DX10 only games. Apple are no better than MS as they want complete control over all online Music through their own DRM which they will not licence to anyone.

The only way to stop this madness is for enough people to BOYCOT Vista and other companies that push DRM. At present Apple and Sony are on my Boycot list and MS are about to join it. Effect the bottom line and companies change their ways.

The backlash against Starforce forced Simbin and others to drop it. All of us have the power to STOP this DRM madness and we only have ourselves to blame if we allow these companies to force this on us.

ANYONE that buys Vista is saying the following.

- I trust MS to make good anti-malware and protection software because there will be no other options. Have MS proved they are trust worthy?
- I trusting MS, RIAA and MPA will allow me to use content as I want to use it. Have Sony and the RIAA proved they are trust worthy?
- I trusting MS with its partners to decide which software I can and can't install and what that software will be allowed to do. Do you rip your CDs to MP3 and do you want to continue ripping your CDs to MP3s or do you prefer DRM infected files?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_computing

http://www.eff.org/Infrastruct ... computing/20031001_tc.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1H7omJW4TI

Bump mapping
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG