The online racing simulator
Replay menu enhancing
(13 posts, started )
Replay menu enhancing
The replay menu was slightly updated in the latest (U20) test patch, but I think it could be enhanced even further:

Spinoff: Replay menus

I was too afraid () to post in the test patch (U20) thread, so I post it here. If possible, maybe this could be moved to the test patch section as a spinoff?

I think the replay menu could be slightly more enhanced. Here is my suggestion of how it could look/operate.

For the layout looks I have attached an edited screen. Below I have explained how stuff works in it:
- by pressing the "info" button on the "left side scrolldown menu" one could access to the replay specific data (which is then displayed on the right, "replay info display")
- replays could be started to play in three ways:
1) pressing info, then by pressing the "Play" button
2) clicking on the replay name (like it was before U20)
3) clicking info and then by pressing the "OK" on down-left of the screen
- replay sorting buttons (MPR/SPR/ALL) all placed above the "left side scrolldown menu"

The "replay info display":
- total time/laps
- total replay length in minutes (maybe even show the replay size if possible)
- shown if it is a RACE/QUALI/PRACTISE event
- track name and the shortened version of the track name
- Cars allowed (if not possible, then cars used)
- Player list:
* able to sort by player name/LFS name/finishing position(if any)/car choise (if no car or more than 2 are used, maybe show "-". In total more than 23 people are on this to show all players that have visited the server during the replay recording.)
* if the recorder of the replay disconnects before the event is finished, all players get DNF
* the best times could be shown in quali replay
- buttons to delete/rename/play are positioned on the up-right of this menu. Added play button.

Replay sorters (above the info menu):
- able to show only RACE/QUALI/PRAC replays + "show all"-button
- able to sort by track/car/cars (same logic as in the "multiplayer car sorting menu") + "show all"-buttons

I know it looks just a bit messy when you look at it on the first, but that's just because I have tried to include as much stuff as it imho should. Just one way of doing it, hope you improve it just a little more while you're at it, Scawen

Maybe others want to post their suggestions as well?

For the latest, check: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=223655#post223655
Attached images
LFS_replay_menu.jpg
Good suggestions . Here are mine =)
I like that Hyper, well... mostly

I don't like FE1, 2 , 3 etc. codes for the tracks in the game menus, I still don't know which code is for which track, so some new player... oopsie... racer will have some trouble with all that. Then again, he has full name of the track in the info box so... hm... dunno.
All in all, it's very nice idea

P.S. I also don't like your color scheme, to alien for me
Quote from BlackEye :P.S. I also don't like your color scheme, to alien for me

Couple of things I like in your menus is that it doesn't make the whole thing look too complex, like mine does and in general it is easier to access to the infomration inside the mpr/spr because it "opens inside the list". Also the server name should be shown on the menu, I just forgot it

And with your method you could have more than 1 info menu open at a time. So in usability wise I like your somewhat better, though I'd like to some more options, like sorting/hiding/viewing replays with more options.

But one thing is sure. I don't like how the SPR/MPR/ALL selector has been moved on the down of the page. Also I'd like to start the replays by just clicking on them, instead needing to press the OK button..

And, omg, there was another topic on this

Maybe this could be merged into the other one...?
The other stuff I could do without, but sorting by track and/or car is certainly something that's missing at the moment.
@Hyperactive
If You were talking to me then thx and yeah, somebody merge the threads please =)
Quote from MataGyula :@Hyperactive
If You were talking to me then thx and yeah, somebody merge the threads please =)

Yes, I was talking to you . But now I have stolen all your ideas to make a better one . Some how on the later stage I got a bit sidetracked ...

(Those little arrow buttons below the "player list" add or substract lines shown in the list below.)

For the latest, check: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=223655#post223655
Attached images
LFS_replay_menu_v2.jpg
:O THIEF !!
BTW it looks good . One little addition although would make it easier for newcommers -> a big red button "advanced options" :P and when U click it, it shows all the little settings (cars,tracks etc.), so nobody goes "where the fk is the play button / where is my replay O_O " =P
And i really like Suzuka with the enzo ! My pb is 1.58.12 and Yours ? ()
Quote from MataGyula ::O THIEF !!
BTW it looks good . One little addition although would make it easier for newcommers -> a big red button "advanced options" :P and when U click it, it shows all the little settings (cars,tracks etc.), so nobody goes "where the fk is the play button / where is my replay O_O " =P
And i really like Suzuka with the enzo ! My pb is 1.58.12 and Yours ? ()

I'll add it later

My pb is 1:32:07
You got some interesting car names on that list over there

Well, it would be cool have more advanced screen, I like this suggestion. In addition it would be cool to have the replay save the statistics of the race and show them there. But that would mean that LFS should record the stats every time you race incase they are saved, so Scawen would need to do some more coding but it would be very nice.
Quote from Blackout :You got some interesting car names on that list over there

Well, it would be cool have more advanced screen, I like this suggestion. In addition it would be cool to have the replay save the statistics of the race and show them there. But that would mean that LFS should record the stats every time you race incase they are saved, so Scawen would need to do some more coding but it would be very nice.

I don't think that it is needed to have stats recorded and shown inside LFS because we have LFSworld for that. But a list of offline pbs ("my hotlaps") should be in LFS. Some day

PS: the Enzo is great
With "stats" I mean more detailed ones, like you get with the stats program, best splits, top speeds etc. Graphical presentations and such.
update...
Ok, I've made some updates to the menu (the "show advanced options"-button and a new "raf-output"-button. In the second picture I have created something that could be described as the menu that opens when you click the raf-output - button.

Any comments? The greenish color theme is just my theme, the suggestion is not the colors but the layout

(even though I have added the raf-output - button to a mpr, I guess it should only be shown with spr files. As you can't get rafs out of mpr files )
Attached images
LFS_replay_menu_v3.jpg
LFS_replay_menu_v3_raf_menu.jpg

Replay menu enhancing
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG