The online racing simulator
SO Sprint1 'pools'
(11 posts, started )
SO Sprint1 'pools'
Sorry if this has been reported already but couldn't find with search.

In South City Sprint1 (SO2) turn1 (Kenton Way SE9), there seem to be patches which doesn't show any skid marks. They look like small pools of jelly which shake at the edges. The pools and shaking doesn't show without the skid marks because they have same track texture, but when there start to be those skid marks around them it is easy to see.

After more investigation, there are at least 3 pools (1 big and 2 smaller ones). Two roughly where the last painted arrows on road are (the other smaller doesn't show in this pic but is closer to the wall) and one smaller where the second last arrows are.

Hard to explain so added 2 pics.

I have U20 patch and Radeon9700, if they have any effect here.
Attached images
lfs_SO2_T1.jpg
lfs_SO2_T1_2.jpg
#2 - Jakg
some around the area of the overpass iirc, and there are some at other tracks as well
Quote from Jakg :some around the area of the overpass iirc, and there are some at other tracks as well

Oh. I guess it's a known thing then. This is actually bit funny. I've played LFS for a year (S2 4-5 months) and noticed only now. I guess I have to buy new glasses
I have this same issue with Aston long track with the fast section coming of the downhill bit and leading uphill before 2nd split
Attached images
untitled.JPG
i get in t2 on KY oval, not that i race there anymore though
-
(Vendetta) DELETED by Vendetta
me brother likes to take cars on te oval(he is 7 years old), and pre patch i was racing the F08 there, then the BF1 got the into other cars and courses.

edit does that post sound better now?
If you've edited how dark the racing line is in the CFG.txt file, this will show up more often. I don't know why really, but yeah, it gets annoying
Quote from Tweaker :If you've edited how dark the racing line is in the CFG.txt file, this will show up more often. I don't know why really, but yeah, it gets annoying

The problem is with lfs i have not adding or edited lfs in anyway only the cars background and the enter pictures thats it and part from that lfs is box standed
it seems to twitch in and out of the game when i was observing it.
#10 - SamH
I think the rubber is laid down on a different graphic layer from the track itself.. when you skid, the skid mark is drawn a tiny bit above the track. At some points around a few of the tracks, the topography of the track is just fractionally different from the rubber layer, and the rubber layer disappears underneath the track's surface. This is when you get pools of shimmering rubber. I think that's what happens, anyway
Maybe. It just makes me wonder why the heck it is shaking/shimmering. You would assume that the skid marks just disappear into the ground.

SO Sprint1 'pools'
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG