The online racing simulator
2 free CRT's, what to do?
(10 posts, started )
As the title suggets, I have 2 CRT's which I got for free. One is a 17", the other is a 19". I have no idea what to do with them! Is it possible to make a CRT projector? Like, if I got a fresnel lens, put it over the screen, and then got a regular lens or something. Huh....
#2 - Dumpy
You got two for free, meaning you have three now? I'm in a similar boat; having three monitors and just a a double head graphics card. I can't afford a parahelion or whatever that's called or a TripleHead2Go, so I don't really know what else to do with all the extra junk. One of mine is an old LCD, and there was a link to a pretty nifty DIY large screen projector using an LCD panel and an overhead projector on this forum a few days ago, so I'd attempt that if I could score a projector.

The fresnel lense idea is a good one too. There are a couple good guides on here and the RSC forum about that. With CRTs that's probably your best bet for a cheap "3d" effect. You'll still probably need special equipment to hook up more than too monitors though
Well I was thinking if buying the F550 (lots of people have it at RSC), and some sort of projection lens. Wont be very bright though. Hmmmmph IF only there was a vga adaptor for PS2.
If you buy the Linux Kit then it comes with a VGA cable for the playstation 2. It also comes with a hard drive and a version of linux for the PS2.
Quote from Leifde :If you buy the Linux Kit then it comes with a VGA cable for the playstation 2. It also comes with a hard drive and a version of linux for the PS2.

They stopped selling the linux kit, maybe they have it on ebay...
Even though it will not be very bright, I am going to try to make a CRT projector. It would be really nice if I had 3 crts, one for red, one for green, and blue. The best fresnel would probally be the F220, because of the 220mm focal length. I want a short focal length so that I can put a convex lens closer to it. A convex lens is the correct one to have after the fresnel, right?
#8 - bal00
Should I get a fresnel lens anyway? What other uses are there for fresnel lenses?
Setting bugs on fire?

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG