(25 posts, started )
TAG! You're It! " New Gameplay Mod "

" TAG! You're It! " (Gameplay Mod) Rules
brought to you by HKRACERS.com

UPDATE: GAMEPLAY VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lh8ggnHbB4

high quality below
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ULPGMAZ2

Hey guys. Tonight we finally have introduced our gameplay mod that we use to practice on some of our practices, and we wanted to share that with everyone else. Tonight to the public, we shared our gameplay mod with everyone else and what a blast it was. Note that there is no special downloading or anything. Just following rules if you can do that.

Basically the name of the mod is called " TAG! You're It! "
TAG! Your It! comes in 2 versions, 1 and 2. We will begin to explain version 1 and 2 below in a minute. It is important at all times, that everyone is the same car when you begin the game. It makes it fair for you, and everyone else. At anytime in both games, may you cheat, or use wall exploits to get away from the IT user. Both version are played on the same autocross map. Thank you again, and below are the rules of each version. HAVE FUN!

TAG! You're It! VERSION '1'
The game starts where all the players start in a line together, with the person that is it on the left side of them.

The NON IT cars are PURE RED.
The IT car is completely WHITE.
NOTE:
it is important that no cars are using any details to limit the color.
Once everyone has lined up perfectly, the beginning can be started, the red cars have 30 seconds to hide. During the start, the white car will reverse into the back pit area and count to 30. Once 30 is up, the IT car will then announce he is it, and is on the way. This rule let's everyone know it's time to begin the TAG! Your It!

Once the WHITE car touches a RED CAR, that RED CAR is now it, and both the WHITE current car and the RED current car that got tagged will both pit in. Both vehicles will then change to their new color.

Once the old WHITE car changes back to RED they will come out of the pits, and they have a 20 second limit where they can be tagged, and the new white car can not chase them at all until after the 20 seconds are up. Once the new WHITE car comes out of the pits, they can tag anyone in site. So it is the responsiblity of the other NON IT cars to stay clear of the pits.
NOTE: Once you are tagged, you have to announce that you are now it, and when you are leaving the pits.

Repeat this process over and over for hours and hours of fun!

TAG! You're It! VERSION '2'

TAG! You're It! VERSION '2' plays somewhat like a game of "Last Man Standing". The beginning is very similiar to Version 1 of TAG! Your It!, but once the WHITE car leaves the pits and announces it, the moment the WHITE car TAGS someone, the TAGGED RED car will then pit, and changes his color to WHITE ALSO, now making it TWO WHITE CARS.

After all the cars have been turned to WHITE, the LAST RED CAR will instantly become the first WHITE car when the match restarts. Once all the cars have turned white, everyone will then PIT back in and fix damage and change color back to normal, and then LINE back up for the next round.
NOTE: Remember the last red car is the first WHITE car in the beginning of a new round.

EXTRA RULES:
(1) In both games, not only are your teammates your friends, they are your enemies too. Use them to plant them directly up for the WHITE car to get them. Just pinning them somewhere might help you get away quicker.
(2) If you hape to hit a bumper, or wall and spin into the air, you can PIT your car in and restart your car. You do only have a 10 second limit that a WHITE car can get you once your out of the pits.
(3) The same rule above applies to the WHITE car. You can not use the pit to jump from one side of the map to the other to get someone. That is considered cheating, and you should go play the demo again.
(4) It is important that everyone is the same car. If someone is not the same car, it will unbalance the entire game, giving that person the advantage/disadvantage and make the game not fun. It has been tested and sucks. If you want to change cars, do a vote on the next car. It's easier that way.
(5) Play Fair, and others will play Fair with you.
(6) Treat others how you want to be treated.
(7) If someone joins the server, don't kick them, teach them, they will remember this game when they were little kids. The more cars the funnier.

We will be updating this handbook soon with SCREENSHOTS and an awesome VIDEO TUTORIAL on how to play TAG! Your'e It!

visit hkracers.com for more information soon guys. Thanks to all the public testers tonight, on Sept 1st 2006, at 8:00 pm pst. We will make sure to give credit to all those that helped with this process.

Thanks Again for reading the handbook and hope you will enjoy it as much as we have bringing this gameplay mod to the LFS Community.
#2 - filur
Looks fun and all, but what part of this is a modification / addon?
#3 - Lible
Quote from filur :Looks fun and all, but what part of this is a modification / addon?

Where shoult it be then?
#4 - filur
Quote from Lible :Where shoult it be then?

I don't care if it's in the wrong section, just that this doesn't seem to be a mod, more like an idea. General discussion?

I mean, if this is just asking players to follow a set of rules to play a game, it's like presenting the idea of playing lfs wearing sunglasses and calling it a slightly darker texture mod.
Maybe a mod will be made for this gameplay idea......... ?

Tag is much more fun than CnR, and if this had a mod developed, it would be quite fun.
#6 - filur
Quote from Tweaker :Maybe a mod will be made for this gameplay idea......... ?

Tag is much more fun than CnR, and if this had a mod developed, it would be quite fun.

Yes sure, i just got confused after trying to find the actual mod.

Writing a mod for this would be tricky since you can neither change nor find out what color(s) a car is wearing.
currently, there are talks already that ive received messages from users, to begin coding the concept. This is more like a gameplay mod, that doesn't require any special downloading and can be accessed asap. We are actually working on video tutorials showing off some great features, etc etc etc etc and all that good stuff and a bag of chips.
#8 - filur
Quote from VipeNess :This is more like a gameplay mod, that doesn't require any special downloading and can be accessed asap. We are actually working on video tutorials showing off some great features

I still think you shouldn't call this a mod if there's actually no modified content to it, the term describes something completely different. Likewise you can't really say a video will display features in a mod context, the video could describe the concept and its rules, any features on show would basically be good old LFS doing autocross.
Aside from the nitpicking of them saying "mod" when it isn't a "mod", I was in the server last night with these guys and Tweak and have to say, it was a blast. Definitely much better than Cops n Robbers. Though, that may be because it was mostly their team members with a few others who have the maturity to follow rules. Not like the one CnR server that is just a bunch of "internet tough guy" kids swearing and crashing into everything and everyone. There was no purpose crashing, swearing, and idiot activity last night on this server. Everyone played the game to the rules as they were thought up. Which meant you just drove around and messed about until you saw the "it" white car. Then they made chase and you tried to out manuever them and get away. During the driving around, everyone tried to avoid crashing into others. It was a great show of maturity which is more than I can say for other frequented servers.

I missed out on the 2nd game where you played until everyone was "it". Wish I was there for that one too. A blast guys and I hope to see ya all again .
Quote from filur :the term describes something completely different.

it isn't racing

You are more than welcome to come play at anytime, and check it out. Just please, follow the rules and enojy yourself, that is all we ask.

And " mrodgers " yeah man, we had a blast last night, thanks for coming by and playing last night. We will be doing that again tonight, so we could expect more people this time. Just imagine 20+ cars
Yes Tag was much better than Cops and Robbers because everyone has a reason to run from one or more cars. PLUS, you don't get the ridiculous role-playing that people have to do when you're a cop. "Hey I pulled you over, I am writing you a ticket for speeding and not using your blinker, spectate for 3 minutes" :rolleyes: You know how stupid that sounds? lol. Plus the punishment there is that you need to spectate. Tag on the other hand keeps everyone playing, and there is no stupid role-playing, you just say you are IT, etc etc. Very easy, and has been played before in the past, but I've never played it with 6 or more people, it is very fun with lots of people.

Surely a mod could be made from it... to at least make things run nicely.
Quote from VipeNess :it isn't racing

You can have a jumping contest in Quake, but you wouldn't call it a jumping mod. You can listen to a stereo song in mono, but it doesn't make it a remix. etc.

Quote from Tweaker :Surely a mod could be made from it... to at least make things run nicely.

You could offer the rules and countdowns thru insim but the gameplay is kinda out of reach. Automating cops and robbers is simple though, but takes away parts of the roleplaying (which some people might like ).
if you have something nice to add to this gameplay mod, please fill free to add your opinions in. but if all you want to do is bash on something, go somewhere else with it.
Quote from VipeNess :removed by vipeness

I haven't posted a single negative opinion on your concept whatsoever, i have argued that you're using the wrong terminology, pointless as it might have been.

Quote from VipeNess :if you have something nice to add to this gameplay mod, please fill free to add your opinions in.

I saw your original post, so you'll probably not get any contributions from me.
Some people just don't know when to shut up. Who care's about the terminology. Why would something so pointless get your panties in a bunch? This new MODification to online play sounds fun to me. I'll have to give it go sometime.
Quote from NetDemon01 :This new MODification to online play sounds fun to me.

OMG! OMG! OMG! He called it a mod!

(But seriously, it is NOT a mod)
removed, we have settled our differences now and are friends. he was very kind and sent me a great pm to my account. alright!! LETS PLAY TAG TONIGHT NOW!
Mod or not, that fact is it's a blast, much more fun than cops and robbers IMO as the action is non stop.
Had a hell of a time lastnight guys, there's talk of doing it again tonight, catch ya then.
If you think of it, its more of a Social modification, because sure, it may not be adding new features, but it is modding the players in the server to a different type of game play..
Does look like fun . When and if I get my computer running again I'll definately be up for a game or two...

Also, maybe this could be best played with everyone in MRT5's...
We did that earlier, that was amazing fun, especially because I've been playing it for the past 6-8 hours... :S
I played tag with these guys a few days ago. Definitely fun stuff.
when are you guys going to host another game?
very soon. i will post information on the server within a day.

TAG! Your It! " NEW Mod "
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG