The online racing simulator
Vector work
(15 posts, started )
Vector work
I don't really know where to put this because it isn't a screeny, but it isn't a 3d render either.

It's a subtly stylised vector rendering of an fxo gtr, done from scratch, but using a side profile of the gtr as a reference.

I hope it speaks for itself
Attached images
lfsfxoo.jpg
lfsfxop.jpg
I like that a lot. You gonna be re-creating all the cars then?

Like your sig aswell.
#3 - Gunn
Nice work, which program did you use? AI? Corel?
Wow really nice work man
That is very cool
wow, that is nice.
Thanks for the feedback

To answer the questions, it's actually done in photoshop, but there was absolutely no pixel pushing. It's all done using shapes, gradient overlays, patterns and text. It could easily be done in freehand or any of the usual vector tools, but I'm more comfortable with photoshop than any of those.

I will be doing some more when I get the time, but I'd like to try out some different styles and experiment a bit.
I used to do some of these with real cars so I might try my hand at this as well :P
#9 - Gunn
Quote from Anarchi-H :Thanks for the feedback

To answer the questions, it's actually done in photoshop, but there was absolutely no pixel pushing. It's all done using shapes, gradient overlays, patterns and text. It could easily be done in freehand or any of the usual vector tools, but I'm more comfortable with photoshop than any of those.

I will be doing some more when I get the time, but I'd like to try out some different styles and experiment a bit.

Since Photoshop is not really a vector program, I think you have done an amazing job. Really outstanding in fact. :up:
ya really good work
Quote from Gunn :Since Photoshop is not really a vector program, I think you have done an amazing job. Really outstanding in fact. :up:

not a vector proram but it is easy to do them by hand within photoshop, just takes a rather long time
Yeah,
There verry good.
I do quite abit of vector work, but Ive never tried cars... I'll give it ago.

David
That is very very cool. I don't really know what vector graphics are, I know they're done using mathematical shapes or something, but not much more, could anyone explain a bit more?

Again, very nice work! :up:
Hi,
It basically means it will never pixelate like a jpg for example ... when enlarge you see all the squares (pixels) With vector art you get non of that.

I use vector things all the time for business logos, and advertising.

Rgds
David
Thumbs up.

These images do redefine the screenshot/render question, but i don't
think it matters that much. There's only one thread anyways.

Vector work
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG