The online racing simulator
So Schumi... [Monza GP *Spoiler*]
(42 posts, started )
:)
Everyone is still remembering it was said in the Ferrari press release that ...

Micheal will be announced in his new " position " at the end of the season.

He leaves the Ferrari driving seat , thats all this is folks , sure its a shame not to see him on track anymore , but he isnt leaving F1 lolol.

Calum
Quote :Kimi going to fill is shoes and i bet LH will be his replacement since he has a test drive with mclaren in the little break before the next race

So you are predicting Lewis Hamilton will replace Kimi as team leader and Fernando Alonso will be his support driver? ...

This is great news for Finland, with Kimi getting the benefit of the stewards decisions next year they'll have a champion again in no time.
I don't doubt he was a good driver but I still can't forget that he's rammed at least two people off the track. Never forget the time he tried it with Villineuve (and also Damon Hill) and it didn't pay off. And yet he is the ambassador for safety, ironic to say the least. Although I'm sure he has good skills he also had the best car/team behind him and I'm sure that helps alot.

I cant help but think that his achievement is not that great when you compare him to earlier F1 drivers.
Quote :he also had the best car/team behind him and I'm sure that helps alot.

Great drivers always have the best car/team behind them. Fangio jumped between teams in his tenure as champion, Clark and Rindt drove for Lotus who were clearly above all others, as long as they held up, Prost and Senna drove the McLaren during their domination days, Alonso won his championship in the best car as well. Great drivers are supposed to get into great teams, otherwise neither can show their greatness. Senna even went as far as offering his services for free to Williams in 93 if only he could drive the best car on the grid.
Quote from ebola : he also had the best car/team behind him and I'm sure that helps alot.

Yeah, that's the reason, why he went after two championships to "the best team in 95 Ferrari" illepall

Yeah, sure....

Goodbye MS, you changed motorsport, especially in germany, without you, BMW wouldnt be in F1, I bet, and we wouldnt have the F1 in LFS
Quote from zeugnimod :This is a day to celebrate!!!! :headbang: :drink: :bannana_g

Yes yes i agree
He is statistically the best driver there ever was, and most likely will always be unbeaten.

Is he the greatest ever? No. Senna is.

But next year, Kimi in Ferrari and Heikki in Renault. And Alonso struggles with McLarens reliability. Going to be a great year in F1!
When you think it a bit further one might think that this Monza GP gave Alonso a pretty good sign of where he is going to. In the first three races he will probably get more engine failures than he has had so far during his whole career
This is the worst thing that could've happened for us...
What happens when he gets bored at night after a GP? He'll get in LFS and think he's as dominant as he was in F1... He'll be banned for wrecking in no-time.

I never liked the guy, but what he did in his first 5 seasons demands respect.
Love him or hate him, we all can lay claim in the future to have witnessed a legacy in this sport. As much as I wish I could say the same of ALL the past greats, I feel quite privileged I have witnessed some, including Michael Schumacher. I wish him the best in wherever his path leads.
#36 - dev
After all the posts I can only say: "Go Kubica!" :P
Quote from traxxion :

I will miss the best F1 driver ever.

Thank you Michael, for many great races and everytime a reason to get up in the middle of the night...

Damn right!!

More than 10 years im his fan.....
#38 - joen
Quote from ebola :he also had the best car/team behind him and I'm sure that helps alot.

When Schumacher left from Benetton, Ferrari was in terrible shape. Their most recent Word Champion before that was Jody Scheckter in 1979.
He had the skills to help the team create the best car. So no, he didn´t always have the best car. And a lot of people don´t consider the ´94 Benetton the best car of the season, yet he became champion.
Yes, you have to give him that. He helped building the team and was a major factor, that Ferrari were as big and successful in F1 as they were in the last years.

He is a great driver, only with a very bad character, when it comes to winning at all costs and with all means possible.
Quote from TheDeppchef :I can already see him in a 2008 DTM Mercedes.

I would also like to see Schumi in some... eh more "pure" racing series than today's F1 but unfortunately that is not going to happen as the press release already informed about his new job at Ferrari.

Quote from GP4Flo :Good times for F1 and motorsport when dozens of drivers and hundrets of spectators were killed? illepall

Times were a little bit different. Also rallying's golden era was mid-80s when few drivers and spectators were also killed. It doesn't make it less golden because people just weren't that concerned about the safety issues.
I guess he will have his own team or something like that, theres something im pretty sure, he will be inside formula 1 for a long long time more
So who is going to be the new star? Kimi? He's such a fuddy duddy ^.^

I think Michael's new job at Ferrari is going to be some kind of coach, mainly to teach Kimi how to interact with other humans or something. I'll miss seeing him race.

So Schumi... [Monza GP *Spoiler*]
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG