The online racing simulator
*SPOILER* GP2 Title result
(5 posts, started )
HAMILTON TAKES THE GP2 TITLE WITH EXTRA POINT

Lewis Hamilton has secured the 2006 GP2 championship, after gaining an additional point from today's feature race at Monza, with Giorgio Pantano losing his fastest time due to a yellow flag infringement.
Pantano, who won the race from Nelson Piquet Jr in second and Hamilton in third, set the race's fastest time on the final lap - but the stewards of the meeting disqualified the Italian's time due to yellow flags that where shown on that lap.
This meant the fastest lap of the race was officially set by Hamilton, who in turn gained an additional championship point, thus increasing his lead from Piquet to seven - enough to secure the Briton's title.
With a maximum of seven points available from tomorrow's sprint race, the best Piquet could have hoped for is to tie Hamilton in the points - requiring Piquet to win, set the fastest lap, and see Hamilton outside the points.
However, in case of a tie, Hamilton would still be crowned champion - both he and Piquet would be tied on wins, but the Briton has more second-place finishes than the Brazilian.
Hamilton is the second GP2 champion, taking the crown over from Nico Rosberg, who won the inaugural championship last year in the same seat as his successor, with the ART team.
Hamilton is expected to make the move to Formula One next season, with McLaren yet to decide if they want to place their young protege in a race seat alongside Fernando Alonso.
Piquet, who will finish his second season in GP2, has already been confirmed as Renault's official F1 test driver next season.

Lewis Hamilton admitted he is not quite pleased with the way he has secured his GP2 championship title - but feels relieved to have achieved that goal.

Hamilton was declared champion this evening after the Monza stewards disqualified Giorgio Pantano's fastest lap from the feature race.

This meant Hamilton officially set the race's fastest lap, giving the Briton a crucial extra point to secure his title with a seven-point lead ahead of Nelson Piquet Jr.

"It's a big relief to know that we've done it," Hamilton commented. "It's not the way I would have liked to have had it: I would have liked to have taken it by winning the race, but I'll take it.

"I've worked very hard and the team has done a fantastic job. We've had to work hard to fend off Nelson, and to finally have the title is a great feeling."

Piquet himself was graceful in defeat. "I'm sad not to have won the title, but it's been a great year and I'd like to congratulate Lewis on his success," the Brazilian said.
Excellent news congrats to Lewis Hamilton i feel he really did drive very well all year. Bit of a shame about the circumstances but chances are that he would have won it today anyway. Roll on a new brit McLaren driver in F1!
Let's hope we have another Brit who can win races in F1 next year
#4 - DeKo
i still think that rule is a bit daft, even though it goes hamiltons way. just because there was a yellow flag waving doesnt mean the fastest lap shouldnt count, imo. I bet you none of the 20 (or more) drivers slowed down for the yellow, so pantano shouldnt get penalized for it.

but anyway yeah, congrats to hamilton, hopefully beside alonso next year at mclaren
#5 - garph
There was a yellow flag and a green flag waving at the same time?!

For me that fastest lap should have gone to Giorgio Pantano, the stewards mush have been having a bad weekend at Monza! The F1 thing was a joke....like it always is, but thats another matter.

Just watched the race, 30 minutes of 2 great races with more overtaking in 1 lap that a whole F1 season is RUBBISH! At least an hour program should be put on and James Allen sacked for being such a bollock! (at least the great racing numbs me a little to his shit)

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG