The online racing simulator
XF GTi Speed not consistent
(13 posts, started )
Hi, I have noticed that XF GTi has diffirent top speed under same conditions at diffirent times. Sometimes when i start the game, i get 114Mph max, at other times it will go upto 120Mph on BL GP on the straight. All this on same setup and under same conditions. It has not happened before, after updating to Patch U it all started. Anyone else having the same issue? Is there a Fix for this ? Jind
Maybe wind, better exit from the previous corner or later braking point?
Quote from JindJaan :Hi, I have noticed that XF GTi has diffirent top speed under same conditions at diffirent times. Sometimes when i start the game, i get 114Mph max, at other times it will go upto 120Mph on BL GP on the straight. All this on same setup and under same conditions. It has not happened before, after updating to Patch U it all started. Anyone else having the same issue? Is there a Fix for this ? Jind

on blackwood? that can have dif reasons...

try your setup with autmatic shift on the drag strip without wind...

if there are that major differences in topspeed (with the same setup) then maybe its a bug but i dont think that will happen there
Quote from Blackout :Maybe wind, better exit from the previous corner or later braking point?

thanks for quick rely . No i have checked it with care as well, set no wind, clear bright sky every time. Now the weird thing is, if i reboot my system, and restart the game, it will be entirely diffirent, it might actually become slow at straight, i was just doing 120Mph on straight, rebooted and now it wont go above 108Mph, that is massive diffirence. It does come to normal after some time but i will have to switch off the system for some time and then it will be normal. It seems like a bug to me.
Quote from MoonForce :on blackwood? that can have dif reasons...

try your setup with autmatic shift on the drag strip without wind...

if there are that major differences in topspeed (with the same setup) then maybe its a bug but i dont think that will happen there

Ok i will check it and post the results back.
#6 - Jakg
do you have logitch pedals? or are you mousing?
Using DFP, and padals that came with it.
120 mph in the gti? Im struggling to get 116 on the oval and i hit 114 well after i should have been braking at blackwood.

Ok i just put high wind on the oval and i got 123mph. High wind on blackwood gets me 120mph at the gravel trap and about 118 at the braking zone.
#9 - ajp71
Well it's likely that the pedals aren't reaching the maximum value. Turn the pedal bars on in display and you should be able to see a white line across them when fully pressed, alternatively the brake axis could be coming on when your not pressing the pedal.
#10 - Jakg
Are you sat on the grid waiting for the green light with your acceleration pedal flat on the floor? Beware, red area of revs causes engine damage!

Sorry if this is obvious, but I can hear when racers sit with their foot flat down on the start grid, and I think it's becoming more common in recent times.
I don't think it does cause engine damage at the start when waiting for the lights, or when in a particular gear or in neutral. I just triedit with the FXR (very easy to damage) keeping the throttle it max for almost 2 mins on various gears and neutral, with no ill-effects. There is a rev limiter which kicks in during normal acceleration that prevents overreving. Trying accelerating to 3rd of 4th though and then in one go to first without slowing down and the engine was toast instantly.

On topic, I think it's pedal spiking. Download DXTweak2 and reduce the top end of the accelerator pedal's motion by 10, 20 or so.

@Lible: Try, it there is damage only if the revs go beyond the limiter. Take almost any car, put it in first, rev it as far as it goes and see how long it takes to damage (don't hold your breath). Then try accelerating to a fast speed and shifting directly to first from a higher gear and listen to the engine pop like Snap, Crackle & Pop
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I don't think it does cause engine damage at the start when waiting for the lights, or when in a particular gear or in neutral. I just triedit with the FXR (very easy to damage) keeping the throttle it max for almost 2 mins on various gears and neutral, with no ill-effects. There is a rev limiter which kicks in during normal acceleration that prevents overreving. Trying accelerating to 3rd of 4th though and then in one go to first without slowing down and the engine was toast instantly.

It gets damage as long as I remember... I actually found it when my mother had some interrest in LFS.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG