The online racing simulator
Trouble with the Radeon x700
(14 posts, started )
OK ill explain this quick, i got the card today got all the drivers ect. and i now get 35-45 fps when with my radeon 9600 i got 50-60. Is there something specific i need to do? I know i should be getting 80-mid 90's fps.. On CSS i get 90 avg. and i can run UT2004 on med/high settings. Thanks
did you try with the drivers the card came with? if so... then try the latest drivers. make sure that you are running at agp 8x. my x800gto likes to run with fastwrite and fastread on as well..

try searching here.
www.ocforums.com
Well i dont know igzactly what you mean, ive tried for about 3hrs to get my fps to better regions. Also sometimes when im ingame my mouse and kb lock up. And im not running anything in the bg. Thanks
OK you need to remove all your drivers with the ATI Removal tool then reinstall with the latest CAT drivers .go here 737-1447: CATALYST - ATI Maintenance Utilities and Download the cat-uninstaller same site for newest drivers

its registry entrys from your old ati card &drivers that are causing the probs .

Hope this helps

SD.
yeah i like to use drivercleaner
#6 - herki
Lol ive got the omega drivers

Quote from SparkyDave :OK you need to remove all your drivers with the ATI Removal tool then reinstall with the latest CAT drivers .go here 737-1447: CATALYST - ATI Maintenance Utilities and Download the cat-uninstaller same site for newest drivers

The link doesnt work
At first check is HVS option is enabled in LFS graphics settings. You can delete the card_cfg.txt file and let LFS to create it again. If your kb/mouse locks up in LFS, it looks like some problem in windows. If you arent able to solve your problem, reinstalling wouldnt be a bad idea.....
#9 - Jakg
Thx for all the help i think ill just keep my low fps, Nothing has worked
try rerolling to catalyst 5.11 drivers, newer Ati drivers have caused problems before with LFS.
I baught my x700 last year sometime and i get around 140 with the original driver, but if i install the new drivers i get about 20 30.
I'm not sure if you will know, but where do i get the old drivers? i hope this works..

*Edit* i went to ati and got the 5.11 drivers ill see how they work

ok well, the fps did go up by about 5 to 10. but i know i should be getting alot better fps... I think ill just send it back to frikkin Ati
Quote from 99_Sparrow :I'm not sure if you will know, but where do i get the old drivers? i hope this works..

*Edit* i went to ati and got the 5.11 drivers ill see how they work

ok well, the fps did go up by about 5 to 10. but i know i should be getting alot better fps... I think ill just send it back to frikkin Ati

Sparrow go to th eati site look for drivers /utilitys >> Vairious>> then Maintaince utilitys >> and download the Cat uninstaller run it then put the 5.11 or (6.4 should be ok) and youll have even better fps

SD.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG