The online racing simulator
Problem with DFP upshift button. Another factory bug?
Recently, I have noticed that when I use gear buttons with my DPF, upshift button does it one, two, three or as many times as it wants, with only one touch. It can go from 1st gear to 6th with unpressing the button.
This happens in every race game I have, so it's not about the game.
Somebody knows about this problem, and how to solve it?
It's very annoying to play with f1 cars with the gear shift
Several Logitech wheel's paddles are like this.

Friend has a Logitech Wingman FF, and the buttons get kind wierd after a while.

Basically try and eliminate as much vibration as you can when shifting. I don't know how-to fix it, and wouldn't try, because that would mean taking apart the entire wheel, which is all plastic construction, and once you take those apart, it gets kind of twisty and loose, and that just makes the wheel feel even junkier.
Your best shot willl be to use some other button for upshifting if you can't repair it. On the other hand, you can send it to logitech, and they will probably send you a new one. For free (happened to me two times)

Good luck.
Or you can use AutoHotKey to use your paddles which uses other buttons to do the shifting.

Put this in a .ahk file (create a text file and rename it (with extension) to anything.ahk)):

!Joy7::
Send {z down}
Sleep 150
Send {z up}
return

!Joy8::
Send {a down}
Sleep 150
Send {a up}
return

You need to replace Joy7, Joy8, a and z to the buttons you use for shifting, you can also change Sleep if needed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG