The online racing simulator
Hey!!! Ask Michael to Stay!
(58 posts, started )
I watched F1 since 92 till 2003, and never was Schumi's fan. I wish he were a real man and after retiring from F1 came to DTM or FIA GT. There we'd see what he's worth. I know he won't.

Schneider is 42, is aimed to win 4th title and NOT going to leave after that. Kristensen is 39, you know how many Le Mans titles he has. I don't think he quits either. Veterans aren't getting older.

Indeed, I agree with the idea that Schumacher could make these years legendary like late 80s, had he accepted a strong teammate. Good point, J.B.!
#52 - J.B.
Quote from detail :
Indeed, I agree with the idea that Schumacher could make these years legendary like late 80s, had he accepted a strong teammate. Good point, J.B.!

Incedently, I once watched a really old episode of Top Gear from 1988 and one of the presenters commented on how boring he thought F1 was, with nobody standing a chance of winning other than McLaren. This was Prost and Senna battling it out over a full season in equal machinery!
I hated his guts but to be honest he's the only interesting driver in F1, we loose him we loose any left over fun and awe after Senna
Quote :5 September, 21:29; Deniz Kargili, Turkey

Well Michael you really did win so much, didn't you? I don't know maybe only the "most gp starts" record left. You're able to own it too. I remember you said that you didn't care about the records you only cared about winnig. Wasn't it the issue?

You always wanted to win. The way you win wasn't a matter. That's why you've never been a fair racer, a sportsman. Do you know what Michael? It worked just perfecly! You won so much that people can't criticize you or describing it as "poor behaviour". So they have to shut their mouths about what you did in 1994 and 1997 or how you never play the game in Ferrari. This is like a toilet paper, covers everything you did wrong. It wasn't your purpose, it was the people react about you. At the end what I see is people think your covetousness is a very good thing. Heaven help us..

Numbers.. They are important. I wish you were a better man. then these numbers would make you a ture legend but no they only "erase" your shame. You might be the most-wining about everything F1 bt you're also the slutties F1 champion that this sport has ever seen. Do you remember what Keke Rosberg said about you once? Yeah that Finnish guy with the moustache. "- He's a damn cheater, he should go to his home and leave the sport the fair people". I think he ment the difference between you and his old rival Gilles Villeneuve.

Millenium was a point for you, wasn't it. 5 championship titles. Let me wonder if David Couthard was driving in your seat.. You got my point. 1995 and 2000 seasons you were really good I have to admit and you've done many great drivings. But when the actual times that made you "legend". Had you got any rivals.. oh I mean had your car got any rivals? OK you took Ferrari from a trash bin to heaven but you never dare to take the risk of fast driver "allowed to driver fast" in the same car. Oh but who cares? The history won't remember poor Ruberns, will it champion?

So Schumi please stay. You've been doing "it" for 15 years. We can take it for extra 2 years. Plus, F1 is pretty screwed up right now. So I'll have a reason to watch Champcar, IRL and other good series instead. Or do me a better thing and become the 2006 WC and leave. You'll be remember as the legend..of numbers. Or maybe the legend of everything or whatever it's going to be.

2 f1 seasons. Hmm.. That equals 72 hours of free time!

..Yeah i had 10 free mins.
#55 - Gunn
Quote from J.B. :Be as big a Schumacher fan as you want to be, no problem. But no need to call people who don't like him clueless.

I wasn't referring to people who don't like Schumacher. I was referring to those people who wouldn't know F1 if it walked up to them and bit them on the face. Propagators of urban myth and dissention.
#56 - J.B.
OK then. As long as you weren't refering to me.
Well, it's a pity for the F1, but Raikkonen will get HIS part in F1 (Mclaren was rubbish)
Quote from thisnameistaken :DC didn't always toe the line at McLaren, but yeah he was a bit more PC than he is at Red Bull. I actually think Rubens left Ferrari because he saw how much fun DC was having at Red Bull!

As for Michael... I don't like him. It's not down to the press or him being German or any of that, it's because I've watched him since day one of his F1 career and I've just always thought he was a twat. I can deal with his "chop", and most everything else he did on-track, but deliberately driving into other cars, this season's Monaco parking incident, and the whole arrangement he's had with #2 drivers just don't sit well with me. I don't really care how much of that is Ferrari and how much of it is Schumacher, it taints his achievements.

All that said, I would like to see him do one more season at Ferrari with Kimi in the sister car, but I'm pretty sure he knows how that season would end, and so I think he'll retire at the end of this season.

That's not to say he couldn't have beaten the likes of Kimi in his earlier years, but he's never been in a situation where he has serious competition from a teammate before, and I don't think he could handle it.

i so agree with you 100%

i would have actually enjoyed seeing him race kimi. as long as it was "race" and not have him a be a lap dog like irvine, barrichello and massa have been.
if you look at his titles and wins in the cold light of day, he owes part of those titles to his team mates.
yes, a very, very good driver/racer.....but not a honourable and decent world champion.

farewell michael, i will miss you, but only because no one else will cheat.

Hey!!! Ask Michael to Stay!
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG