The online racing simulator
LFS ( Unofficial ) Awards 2005
(75 posts, started )
my view
Where people allowed to vote for thier own team? Where people in the teams allowed to vot at all?

Bit unfair me thinks!!

Quote : And the best overall LFS Team is

OCRANA RACING.

Congrats to Vykos and crew, and well deserved award for all you efforts in LFS.

Who are the members of this team?
Gratz to the winners
what's Ocrana?
I think the next votes will have a more realistic result, simply because there will be more votes
Some teams got the first position simply by having many members who voted on all their home computers... This way you easily get 50 votes
Congratulations and respect to all the Teams who participated in this unoffical award thing.

Quote from Tweaker :Quite honestly, I don't know if it could get anymore biased for some categories (A lot of T7R, ehm ), but you know, for example:

Quote from WGooden :Uh yeah, it looks like just Cyber and T7R voted...

There's alot more respected and fast teams then those who got an award, it's definately biased there...

Quote from ORION :Some teams got the first position simply by having many members who voted on all their home computers... This way you easily get 50 votes

Wherever someone or a Team achieves something there are enviers.

So Ocrana has the most votes, they have the most members, that means they also voted for themself? That's stupid!

It doesn't matter if there are more respected or faster Teams out there. In the eyes of all the voters theses are the winners. There was enough time to find the thread here in the forum and to bring your Team in (and vote with your members for it and tell your friends about it).

i.e. I haven't seen much Team 400 racers sharing their set with others online but my Team does (in 99% of the cases) if someone asks. It's part of beeing friendly. So we deserve it to be among the friendliest Teams.

To say it's just because we voted for ourself is really lame in my eyes. If it was like this why are we not in the 1st place everywhere or why are we not present in every award. We have 19 members(19x50=950 votes) but hey why don't we have so many votes? Because your speculations are just speculations.

And to be honest T7R must have something that some other Teams don't have or why did so many great guys sign for Triple7Racing? For money? No, we don't pay any. We just offer a great time and some nice skins.

We also do and did a lot of things beside the racetrack to bring LFS further (Members of T7R where involved in the 2nd CRC as co-founder and admins, starting the ESL UK and working there as admins, organizing the UK LFS meeting in October etc. etc.)

So be a bit more open minded, there is no need for such aspersions.
Well said BBO@BSR

Congrats to the teams, and thanks for the awards we got
As I said already before the votes started, you can never do justice to all teams simply because you dont know them enough.
Another example: Chaos from my team just organized a whole league and meeting on the racetrack in most, so for the Czech community ZT will likely be a very helpful team.
Other people will not care about this, and they might prefer another team.
It's all about who votes
Quote from SchneeFee :what's Ocrana?

:faint2: I thought everyone knew Rudi :ufo:and Vykos the mean mean dancing machine. :elefant: lol

Win or lose congrats to all teams and their members. :static:

:grouphug:

~*~*~*~tiny~*~*~*~
Blatant fix. ¬_¬
Congrats to all the teams. i wish i had actually known about this..... would have entered ATC...
Quote from tinyk ::faint2: I thought everyone knew Rudi :ufo:and Vykos the mean mean dancing machine. :elefant: lol

Win or lose congrats to all teams and their members. :static:

:grouphug:

~*~*~*~tiny~*~*~*~

There is this sense of joy and love wherever tiny posts..........
You know it's funny I've never heard of Cyber racing. They did well though, so must have deserved it...

As for spamming, I think Fordman is winning in this thread.
how many teams were entered in this voting?
Quote from Tweaker :There is this sense of joy and love wherever tiny posts..........

lol Mista Tweak btw I saw the lil guy on your avatar in HGTTG cute

~*~*~*~tiny~*~*~*~
Quote from Bob Smith :You know it's funny I've never heard of Cyber racing. They did well though, so must have deserved it...

I've seen them race loads, especially Casper, dEUS, Blackman and Misko. Awesome team and they'll definitely give you a good challenge.

~*~*~*~tiny~*~*~*~
They're fast yea, but I only heard of them recently because of Endu League
Quote from _Rob_ :They're fast yea, but I only heard of them recently because of Endu League

and they won the last OLFSL mini season
Quote from Bob Smith :You know it's funny I've never heard of Cyber racing. They did well though, so must have deserved it...

Whats this, pick on Fordie week? First you slander me ( or J Clarkson does ) for living in somewhere he cannot remember going to, and now this.

Ohhh Mr Smith, you better where a seat belt in October
I suppose most of the results were accurate but then again you always have some suprises
:inq:
Well.. I didn't even knew about this. Total surprise.

But erm.. thx Guys
hey, first i'd like to congratulate all the winning teams, runners up..hell every team in LFS, cause without you guys LFS just wont be the same.

Now as a reply to these posts that suspect sum fixing in the comp, well you can think what you want, but i can honestly say everything was fair

I also apologise that this wasnt publicised enough, but it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, and was put together within a few hours, I am sure the next one will be much bigger and better

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all these who votes for SCCC in the funniest team, we'll be displaying the plaque produly on our website for years to come
Quote from Fordman :Whats this, pick on Fordie week?

(sound of knuckles cracking)

Quote from Fordman :
Ohhh Mr Smith, you better where a seat belt in October

*cough* wear *cough*
Quote from Bob Smith :*cough* wear *cough*

Oh I give up :rolleyes:
Quote from AndroidXP :3rd place goes to, tristancliffe

2nd place goes to, tristancliffe

1st place goes to, tristancliffe - our lucky winner of this competition, closely followed by himself and himself.

That 3rd place was a bit pathetic! Must try harder next time.

LFS ( Unofficial ) Awards 2005
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG