The online racing simulator
Quote from 02arnoldj :I was told by a Fully Trained Mechanic who owns his own shop and knows absolutely everything there is to know, that A Blow Off Valve or Dump Valve (one or the other :S) Will reduce your engines life by UP to 40,000Miles, depending on how it's used.
This is the same with Mo-peds, if you De- Restrict them or get a "Metra Exaust kit" fitted, that takes UP to 20,000 miles off the engine life.

The Idea of a Turbo charger ,if i understand correctly, is that it Takes in Air, Forces it round (Highly Pressure) and then Forces it back in or out again when the Blow off Valve is opened??
If youre engine constantly has highly Compressed Air going through the Turbo all day every day then is it not Harmful to some Components?

Ask Mr. Knowsitall: "how would not releasing intake pressure affect a turbocharger when you slam the throttle shut"

As far as the pressure generated by forced induction of any type: compare it to the cylinder pressures generated by expoding fuel air mixture.... It becomes a moot point quite rapidly doesn't it

As illustrated in my previous post, most engines actually benefit in terms of longevity under reasonable boost conditions. This of course applies to sensical, properly designed turbocharging systems.

Blow off / bypass sound like this
(151 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG