The online racing simulator
Quote from duke_toaster :No, FWD GTR is a separate class totally. And that isn't a good idea for MoE at all.

Why the bloody hell not? Like I mentioned before "2 classes" kinda like real endurance racing. Lets take a look at the Rolex Sports Car Series. Daytona Prototypes and Grand Touring cars run at the same time, every race. Le Mans does the same thing with more classes. the Grand Am series has Grand Am and Grand Sport on the track at the same time. Its not like this is unprecedented.

Just like in the Kyoto 24 Hour earlier this year there were 5 (if i remember correctly) classes. On the server i was on it was GTR's C-GTR's and GTi's. The GTR's passed GTi's like they were standing still, but in most cases we still had plenty of time to avoid them. Shame that some of the GTR class drivers showed so little respect to the GTi Drivers. They worked just as hard to get there as everyone else.
Quote from Hoellsen :We won't force teams into cars they don't like and we won't make a carpool based system.

Could you pls elaborate why a carpool based system would not work, or why you are against it ? Let teams fill out their carchoice per race before the season starts. Could also get interesting on a strategic point imo, furthermore there's plenty of (car-) practise time between races ?

Anyway, seems to me (also cosidering the post of Alex-Ger), to be quite sure that you will be getting a mixed field is unrealistic with the limitations there are. And i think any point-system will still result in a not-so-mixed-field. Since many of the point-based suggestions all seem to have some sort of downside.

So how much more time will there be for suggestions, setting and end-point and finalizing the system being used (poll ?), might be a good idea so teams can fill out there application and everyone can prepare for their race.
We will make a final decision by the end of this week.

Why no carpool? As we said before, we won't force people into cars they don't like.
Quote from kaspur :Let teams fill out their carchoice per race before the season starts.

Sorry to jump in - and regardless of whether I agree with the suggestion, but ^ that's not forcing is it?
Just another thought...

How about - instead of a weight penalty - a points penalty for the next race for the top three finishers?

So if you look at the point-table in the first post, the number one of a race, can for example only get a maximum of 20 points (minimum of 0) in the next race (5 points deduction), the number 2 can only get 22 (3 points deduction) and the number 3 only 24 (-1 point).
Penalizing a team for winning a race? This does not belong here (in my opinion)
Traxx: it is forcing, because teams HAVE to drive a certain car in certain races.
Quote from Rumiko :Penalizing a team for winning a race? This does not belong here (in my opinion)

It's the same as a weight penalty - very commonly used in real life racing. If you win a race you get extra weight for the next race, creating a closer field.

Quote from Hoellsen :Traxx: it is forcing, because teams HAVE to drive a certain car in certain races.

Sorry, but it really isn't. Forget about the term carpool and read his story again. He says the teams can enter their car of choice per race.
Quote from traxxion :It's the same as a weight penalty - very commonly used in real life racing. If you win a race you get extra weight for the next race, creating a closer field.

It is not the same thing.

"...a points penalty for the next race for the top three finishers"

It just sounds way off to punish the winners in this way. It doesn't even the field, it only slightly evens the championship. Ballast doesn't give you less points, it slows you down. And wouldn't it be better to finish 4th than 1st, because 4th wouldn't give you any penalty but it would give you equal amount of points (as your example let us believe?). Also it goes without saying that finishing 4th is easier than 1st...
Quote from traxxion :Sorry, but it really isn't. Forget about the term carpool and read his story again. He says the teams can enter their car of choice per race.

So, can you drive the whole season with one car? No, you are forced to use other cars as well.
Quote from Hyperactive :It doesn't even the field, it only slightly evens the championship.

Isnt that what this discussion is about? Evening the championship?

Quote from Hyperactive :(as your example let us believe?)

This is why "for example" was in bold, I didnt do any calculations, I just put down the suggestion for discussion.

Quote from Hyperactive :So, can you drive the whole season with one car? No, you are forced to use other cars as well.

You're right there, looks like I myself should have read the whole story again
That's all I'd like : A DECISION!
Well, if we dont do anything, we indirectly force anyone into the FZR. So where exactly is the difference?
you know the rules -> select the car you wish to drive -> thats it!?
Our decision: we will only give the FZR a point penalty of 10%. The XRR and FXR will have the same point table.
  • The exact difference between the FXR and the XRR is too vague to calculate the right percentage that will even them. The risk of making the uneven-ness worse is bigger then the chance of getting it right. In a theoretical head-to-head race between an FXR and an XRR we would expect the better team to win the race (independent of what car they use).
  • The difference between the FZR on the one hand, and the XRR/FXRs on the other is big. So big, that we expect that a significant better team driving the XRR would still loose from an FZR team.
  • We expect that there will be about 3 or 4 fast FZR teams that will fight for the championship and will be somewhere in the top 5 every race. These teams will not be affected in their head-to-head battle, because they all have the same point penalty.
    However, going down the field, there will probably be a certain amount of medium-paced FZR teams that fight with XRR and FXR teams during the race and championship. Then refering to the second point, some balancing is needed to have a fair mid-field. We feel one can justify the statement that an XRR team that finishes 5th is 'better' then an FZR team that is able to do that. Hence the 10% point penalty.
To keep things fair, all the teams that have applied so far are allowed to change their choice of car. It will be possible to do so untill the first qualification session.

If a patch is released during the season that involves balancing of the cars, there will be an opportunity to choose a different car. Your current car-choice should be based on the current situation only!
i like the "new pointsystem" the admins presented...we applied with the FXR anyway...not because of the Points we would get more....more that we feel better in it for endurance races...like i mentioned already...
just keep the new points system as it is and good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG