The online racing simulator
Take a look at the footer line of the main menu. unlocking for Vista was added only at patch U7 or something, so its very likely you are using a patch that cant unlock on Vista.
#77 - Absy
Cheers for the reply i installed u20 and it works ...still have one problem FFB doesnt work with it i have a Logitech Momo Racing. Even if FFB doesn't work i at least want to be able to turn the Centre spring off i cant even though i unticked the turn on box.
Hello, sry 4my bad english..

i have problem whit live for speed and windows vista..

i can not start Live for speed

Probable error in graphics driver

is the error msg..

i have patch u20..

pleas help..

i have drivers for my graphic card install
i can not start LFS...

i press the Icon and :Probable error in graphics driver

i have load LFS new

new lfs download: Could not detect any suitable screen modes

my icq: 74111
And this only happens since the patch?

This is very probably a problem on your side, make sure that you have proper GFX card, Monitor and DirectX drivers installed. Everytime I've seen this error on these forums it was one of the three drivers missing/not up-to-date.
hmm...

i see..

drivers for windows vista:

Radeon® 9500, 9550, 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850 series

i have 9600SE

this is the problem? i phone whit ati..
Quote from testdriver-2004 :hmm...

i see..

drivers for windows vista:

Radeon® 9500, 9550, 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850 series

i have 9600SE

this is the problem? i phone whit ati..

Your card is supported. Install the latest drivers. If you have any more problems, please make a new thread as this isn't really related to the patch
well i just installed Windows Vista Ultimate RC1 Build 5600 (x86 32-bit) (1 september 2006 build) and LFS U20 works just fine in single player and online.. i have a geforce 6800LE and i used beta nvidia vista drivers.. also unlocking to S2 worked without any problems..

since vista is pretty heavy the fps was alot lower compared to XP .. also i noticed a huge difference in FPS when it comes to single player vs multiplayer.. multiplayer is alot slower then single player..
Quote from trackah123 :well i just installed Windows Vista Ultimate RC1 Build 5600 (x86 32-bit) (1 september 2006 build) and LFS U20 works just fine in single player and online.. i have a geforce 6800LE and i used beta nvidia vista drivers.. also unlocking to S2 worked without any problems..

Thanks for the report. How about the sound lag? Did you hear the car engines ok?
And if so, have you changed the Options... Misc... Sound Lag setting, or is it at default?
Testing it out now.. ill edit the post as soon as i finished testing..
I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite pro and i'm using the "Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Vista Beta Driver 2.10.0000"

In control panel Sound options and Dxdiag DX10 it seems all ok sound is working in vista..

update : ok this is weird.. the main music runs fine.. but ingame you cant hear the engine sound when you set the lag (at misc options) lower then about 0.20) ... 0.26 works for me without pops and clicks in it..
also you really need to disable the sidebar feature of windows .. no transparent gadgets in front.. or it will be even worse
compatibility mode makes no difference.. also without vista eye candy makes no difference either in sound lag..
well this is what i could do for now.. ill see if i can find anything else to hopefully make it work below the 0.26 lagsetting
Please note that the current nvidia and ati drivers are rather basic - without any tweaks and optimizations (thats also the main reason for the small file sizes).
Im sure the performance problems will be reduced a lot with drivers for the final vista release, even though the fps might still be a tad lower because of all that stuff running in the background and eating ram and cpu for breakfast...
Yeah i know.. vista ultimate takes up about 500 - 700mb of ram by default with about 34 processes running..

error below sometimes occur in vista and it has something to do with the soundblaster creative x-fi beta vista drivers

=========
Busted App
There were 24 unreleased IDrvAdapterMgr/IDrvDevice/IDrvProfile interfaces illepall
=========

Update : i disabled like 90% of all vista services.. (also stopped them) and it still takes up 485MB ram and 25 processes.. i still couldnt go lower then 0.25 secs with the LFS soundlag. i have tried all options. i guess only registry tweaks could be a last option but im not that advanced.. scawen i hope this info was useful to you

maybe some nice windowsupdate. videocard or soundcard driver update for vista will solve it? who knows
just wanted to let you know i posted on soundblaster forums (vista section) about this racing game.. i did not mentioned the name of this racing game because im not sure wether that is allowed. some forums sees it as advertising..

anyway my nvidia drivers on vista are made for RC1 but the soundblaster x-fi drivers i have installed are actually 2 months old (june 2006) and its not really made for this build of vista but its still a vista beta 2 driver.. so maybe that could be the problem why vista has so much soundlag in LFS

http://forums.creative.com/cre ... =1440&jump=true#M1440
Small program to test Vista Unlocking
If you have Windows Vista 64-bit version (which means you can't unlock yet) please can you run this small program you will find in the attached zip file. It will show a little info which will be helpful for me.

Please attach a screenshot of the results or you write out the text manually if you prefer.

I've attached a screenshot of how it looks in Windows XP, but that's not very useful.

[ EDIT : I've removed the program - there is an update here : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=229160#post229160 ]
Attached images
xp_os.gif
#90 - arco
Here you go Scawen.

Taken on Vista 64-bit RC1 build 5728.
Attached images
ostest.png
hi
*Just reattached badeend's image, because rapidshare sucks*
Attached images
screen.jpg
Thanks for the tests - they are helpful.

Please try again with this new attached version. If one of the C or D tests work, then we will have a solution.

[ EDIT : Removed the program - solution not found yet ]
Attached images
xp_os_2.gif

here you go whit the new test
Attached images
test5.jpg
Damn, no solution yet
nope scawen can you tel us the problem? is it a connection problem to the server or something alse?
Maybe it has something to do with some encryption algorithms, which rely on being used on a 32bit system. I think it must be something like this, as it wouldn't make any sense that unlocking works on 32bit Vista, but not on the 64bit one.
yea you are making a point there:P but isnt there a way to run lfs in 32bit mode or something?
Thanks for the tests. It's clear that a solution is not yet found.

No, I don't want to go into detail about this. The first rule of security is not to discuss exactly how it works in public.

But don't worry, we'll get there in the end. I have some things to follow up and people to talk to. I'm also trying something with the sound bug.
Do you have a preview for when are you going to have a solution?

I want to know if is it better to back to Windows XP, or I can wait until the solution without my S2 account on the Windows Vista 64bit. It's very boring to install a new OS, and have to back to the other so soon. Too many hours wasted.

Thank you in advance,

Victor Aldecôa.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG