The online racing simulator
HELP (host did not receive UDP packets)
Every time I try to join a multiplayer server I get stuck waiting for guest info, then it says "host did not receive UDP packets". Also, another game CarXDrift Racing will not allow me to join a public server, except it just says "Unknow error".

I've tried running LFS in administrator, Turning off the firewall, Allowing LFS through Inbound + outbound UDP 35 ports, and the exe. itself was given access. I've tried uninstalling my wifi + lan drivers and reinstalling them, Installing LFS, etc... I've tried so much.

I don't understand networking much and I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this issue. Any help would be highly appreciated, Thanks.
Im having the same issue and the other thread did not solve my problem. Please help its driving me crazy
From what I understand there are several solutions.

First, call the company that owns your internet. Ask them to reconfigure your internet.

Another one is the settings related to your computer. Try it for detailed information. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1938752#post1938752

There is one last option left. Connecting with your mobile data or VPN.

The last option is a short-term solution. It would be better if you follow the first two steps and solve it.
#4 - gu3st
It seems like more and more ISPs are having issues with UDP packets. It's become a huge issue with iRacing where people from a single ISP can't seem to connect to the EU servers (hosted in AWS) due to UDP blockage. VPNs have been the only solution
wow.... The Vpn worked right away. Do you have any sorta explanation for to why that would work? Again I don't understand networking much at all so it doesn't make much sense to me as why this worked
#6 - gu3st
Quote from Crazy_Slides :wow.... The Vpn worked right away. Do you have any sorta explanation for to why that would work? Again I don't understand networking much at all so it doesn't make much sense to me as why this worked

Your ISP is blocking UDP packets between yourself and the LFS servers (potentially the whole internet).

A VPN works becuase it's now tunnelling those UDP packets over a TCP connection. Think about it like putting a letter in a box.

Your ISP is rejecting letters by themselves, but they are fine with boxes so they allow the box to make it to a nearby destination which then opens the box and forwards the letter to its final destination (LFS server).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG