The online racing simulator
"S2 for £1" League
Had this idea floating for a while, and, i think it would be an interesting league, and the prize itself is worth i

ill cut strait to the chase, "whats the catch", well, entry will cost £1 per person who wishs to enter, and the prizes are as follows

1st - Full S2 License (£24)
2nd - 50% Off S2 License (£12)
3rd - Full S1 License (£12)

(Example - 12 Racers per group, 4 groups, 12 x 4 = 48, Just to show this is NON PROFIT)

the tournament will consist of 4 groups, depending on which group you put in is decided when you sign up (example, the first 4 to sign up will be each put in A, B, C and D as the groups first entrants), this is to mix and match skill levels among the groups. there will be no qualifying in the A-D classes, although, the starting grid will be randomised

each group will consist of 12 races, the races are as follows

XRG - Blackwood Normal (20 Laps)
XRT GT - Blackwood Normal (20 Laps)
XRT Turbo - Blackwood Normal (20 Laps)

XRG - Blackwood Reverse (20 Laps)
XRT GT - Blackwood Reverse (20 Laps)
XRT Turbo - Blackwood Reverse (20 Laps)

XRG - Blackwood Rally-X Normal (17 Laps)
XRT GT - Blackwood Rally-X Normal (17 Laps)
XRT Turbo - Blackwood Rally-X Normal (17 Laps)

XRG - Blackwood Rally-X Reverse (17 Laps)
XRT GT - Blackwood Rally-X Reverse (17 Laps)
XRT Turbo - Blackwood Rally-X Reverse (17 Laps)

Each race will require a Pitstop, and no mid race driver changing, and Mid Race Pitstop is forbidden, and will result in you scoring 0 for that race. a race may restart a maximum of 2 Times, Clean Starts Please!

Point Scoring

1st - 10Pts
2nd - 8Pts
3rd - 6pts
4th - 4pts
5th - 2pts
6th/11th - 1pts

after the 12 Races, the top 3 point scorers will go into the "Star group", and in total, bring together 12 top racers to battle it out for the prizes.

the Star Group will have an addition of 5 extra laps, and a 10 minute qualifying session for each race, but the point scoring system stays intact

Car Mods -

ANY SET IS ALLOWED, wether its a "God" set or the standard Race setting, if you can tune you car well enough to run 1:33's, then you deserve the prize by all means.

one group will run at a time, to make things easier, and will run over a period of SET DATES, if you cannot make it, then you will simply not place on the final grid of that race and score no points.

Depending on the Entrants and feedback recieved, this Season "may" run, and if successful, and run again.

I am not sure however, if 12 racers + Host (13 in total) can enter a server at once, although the host will be spectating and looking over the race.

Feedback appreciated.
Sounds good. When will it starts?
#5 - ORION
Quote from djgizmo68 :Each race will require a Pitstop, and no mid race driver changing, and Mid Race Pitstop is forbidden, and will result in you scoring 0 for that race.

illepall
When do you want to make a pitstop if not in the race?
I like the idea, djgizmo68. You've got the cars totally mixed up mind you, I guess you meant XFG, XRG, XRT respectively.
Also, posting an estimate about the timetable would be nice. But bear in mind that the maximum number of connections to a demo server is 11.
Good luck with the organising, I'm sure you'll have many racers applying
What i ment by "no mid race pit stop" is teleporting to the pit.

S2 Racers are Forbidden to enter anyways, Demo Racers only.

ill draw up a time table once there is a respectable amount of racers joined.

if 11 is allowed on the server, then thats 10 racers and the host. so, thats £40 for prizes.
This could work if you dont rush into it and organise it properly. But we do need to find a 3rd prize as like i have mentioned on the other forum you can no longer buy an S1 license. What you can do i think is credit a players account. So first prize could be 24 pounds on someones account second prize be 18 pounds and third be 12 pounds. Not sure if it is possible though.
1st - £24
2nd - £16
3rd - £10

(£40 total)

so basically they can put the money towards a lisence since most of it is paid.

like i said, once there is a reasonable amount of racers interested and joined, then ill begin to write up race tables for each group.
Quote from djgizmo68 :What i ment by "no mid race pit stop" is teleporting to the pit.

Aahh
Maybe you should change the text to "no mid race pit-in" then, even though I dont think this should be forbidden. Lets say someone has major problems with his wheel, losing any control of his car. He should be allowed to pit and avoid taking out other racers. I'd just write that "mid race join" isnt allowed
#11 - SamH
Quote from djgizmo68 :1st - £24
2nd - £16
3rd - £10

(£40 total)

That's £50, by the way, not £40.
^^ Good Point, never did pass maths...

1st - £24 (Or S2 lisence)
2nd - £10
3rd - £6

yeah, i think the mid race join is a good idea, clear the race of dangerous cars.

if possible now, would it be possible to get my own league Sub-Forum? then ill start to organise it more properly.
I don't think a £6 credit is much use to anybody really.

I think a 24 person tournament with one prize, an S2 license, for the winner would be much better.
3 randomly picked servers of 8 perhaps. The best 3 from each group then move to a "final" server of 9. I also suggest that you keep the tournaments and races short(ish), so more people have the time and energy to have a go.
Like 3 10 lap races in the first stage, maybe qual first, rev. grid for race 2, race 2 finishing order start for race 3. The final stage could be longer.

Anyway, just some suggestions. Big thumbs up for going to the trouble. I hope it's a success however you eventually decide to do it, and you organise further competitions (possibly twice the size with two S2 licenses available for the winners) in the future.
Hum, seems a better way to do it overall.

and maybe less races also.

XFG "S2 for £1" Lisence Tournament. (For Starters)

and if its a success, continue to others

XRG "S2 for £1" Tournament.

and so on.
Quote from ORION :Aahh
Maybe you should change the text to "no mid race pit-in" then, even though I dont think this should be forbidden. Lets say someone has major problems with his wheel, losing any control of his car. He should be allowed to pit and avoid taking out other racers. I'd just write that "mid race join" isnt allowed

He can always spectate, no need for telepitting if your race is over anyway...
I Think thats what ill do.

No Mid Race Join, but, to receive your race points, you must cross the finish line, otherwise your points are void.

points will be awarded for Fastest lap of the race also, and for starting grid postion upon qualifying.
I like the idea

Minor correction to your first post: The fwd car is called XFG or XF GTi, the underpowered rwd XRG or XR GT and the big turbo'ed XRT or XR GT Turbo
Cheers.

ive have had a Few PM's already requesting a place for them, which im happy about.

i got more feedback than i thought i would get.

i have written up a race table, and basic rules of the league.

all i need to do now, is request my own sub-forum so i can place everything out in order, with instructions and such.
Plannd out a race table for season 1. Consisting of 6 races (maybe even more) Every Thursday Nite at around 10pm GMT+0 (UK Time), that should leave room for all countries to have a decent time to join.

anyways, heres what i thought of so far

1st Race – Blackwood Standard – Weather, Sunny, No wind (16 Laps)
2nd Race – Blackwood Reverse – Weather, Cloudy, High Winds (14 Laps)
3rd Race – Blackwood Reverse – Weather, Evening, Low Winds (15 laps)
4th Race – Blackwood Standard – Weather, Cloudy, Low Winds (15 Laps)
5th Race – Blackwood Rally-X – Weather, Sunny, High winds (11 Laps)
6th Race – Blackwood Rally-X – Weather, Evening, No Wind (13 laps)

its basically the same for the top 9 drivers, just an additional 4 or 5 laps.
sure, its open to all demo racers
10pm GMT? That's a bit too late, isn't it? If you want a lot of racers to attend the league then I suggest you put the time earlier. That would be midnight here in Hungary, not to mention other countries further east!
hum. could prove a problem, maybe around 7pm ish?
a good idea, but i thought that Scavier doesn't sell S1 licenses? A bad problem, unless you have a few spares on hand.
yeah, thats why we changed the system around.

24 racers instead of 40.

Prizes

1st - S2 License Voucher
2nd - Free Entry to next season
3rd - 1/2 Price Entry to next season.

Once i get s Sub-Catagory, ill organise it more freely, and start accepting entrants.
Good idea for the runner up prizes, I assume you're putting the £1.50 in to cover them? PS, also, I don't know what your intentions were, but I don't suggest that you try to win yourself a license this way, since you're the organiser.

Another thing, I think that there should be a rule that it is not permitted to sell the license after winning it. A mega fast guy could see this as a chance to make a bit of dosh, winning licenses and selling them on.

Best of luck

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG