The online racing simulator
Poll - Favorite feature request by most of players.
There will be an explanation above each option. Read before making a choice.
But first, I want to say that these are not only my preferences, I studied the Improvement Suggestions forum and chose the most frequently encountered feature requests and wrote them down in a poll. I did not add the options that will be added in the next update with graphics, night and physics. Also all car requests as they can be covered by the new mod system. Track requests are also covered by the trackeditor option.
Maybe somewhere in forum already had a similar thread. But I think that now it will be more relevant. already a lot of what the players asked for has been added. And this post can give developers an understanding of what players want the most.

Features:

Track editor - same as mod system. New software to be able to create tracks for LFS. LFS with ingame browser of tracks created by players with filters, rating etc. (that would be clear that high-quality tracks needed)

Safety Rating - some score system which will be decisive for participation in some leagues or servers. It will work, for example, as in some insims based on collision, and whoever had a higher speed is the one to blame.

Dynamic temperature of asphalt - the temperature of the asphalt, which will change under the influence of the direction of the sun on the asphalt, the temperature outside, and the path of the tires most often driven by players.

Dynamic weather and working wipers - Prerace customized or random rain (and a track that gets wet and slippery), downpour, fog.

Better car damage - better carbody damage (Strange things happen in mods when high poly mesh get damaged), shattering glass, brake overheat, engine overheat, gearbox breaking, etc.

Car animation - various animations that mod makers can add with collisions. i.e. adding animated collision objects. it will be possible to add opening of the door, trunk, hood, truck bodies. For example, can be create a tow truck that can lift and carry a car on itself.

Smart AI - Defending position abilities, aggressive overtakes, some unpredictability and overall realism i.e. mistakes under pressure. Standard bots become very predictable and boring after a few races.

Better graphics features - Visual dirt on cars (windows and body etc.), sparks, glowing brake disks, motion blur on rims etc.

Better force feedback - Many players say that other simrace games are better at force feedback. That it gives more information when driving.

6,8,10 wheels car - This can be useful for mod makers who want to make many wheeled trucks etc.

Highpoly driver mesh - It's pretty obvious. In many highpoly mods, the driver already looks a bit weird..

Snow and ice surface - ability to choose the season or the surface of the asphalt on standard tracks.

Pit stop with animated people - To add atmosphere especially to the formula series, it would be cool to see people put new wheels on, fill up the car, etc.

In-race Safety car bot - Also quite obvious and highly anticipated feature.

Nitrous Oxide System - many people want NOS.

Server-side tire heat value - For nonrace mod only in cruise mode, the ability to change the value of the tire heating (or wear) multiplier, so that you can drive longer on the same tires, this can be useful for drifters. In the real world (noncompetitive) they use high Treadwear tires to ride longer.

Real time FFB monitor and min force FFB slider - Some people want this https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1967106#post1967106.

Revlimmiter and anti-lag - Also quite obvious and highly anticipated features.

More driver animations - To make the driver look more alive he need to gear change, controll the levers and buttons.

High beams & low beams headlights - quite obvious too. But I'm not sure if this will be covered in the night and graphics update.

Rotary (Wankel) powered car - also pretty obvious and more variety for mod makers.

More bumps on tracks in general - The asphalt on the tracks is too ideal, on many real tracks it is not. sometimes there is not enough variety.

Muting players in chat by admin - Everyone is pissed off by flooders and spammers. An expected feature by many.

Tow-backs - https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97047-Tow-backs

Slicks tire preheat in Garage - Adding a feature from formula 1. It would be cool to see something like that.

Сustomizable traffic light - A very important thing that is highly lacking in events.

Changing size of wheels and tread wear of tires in the garage - self explaining name. For cruise mod only.

Car Ping flickering fix - I think we all noticed that in LFS cars online twitched more than in other simrace games, apparently LFS use a different algorithm for displaying the player's position. perhaps it is worth at least optionally making another smoother system.

Of course, I would like to see all these features in one form or another sometime in the game. But it is impossible to get everything at once.
Choose what is most important to you.
And I would like the developers to pay attention to the most popular features.
What happened here? I dont see any post here, but it was thereConfused
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-03-22 212249.jpg
Vanished
Let's revive it. I'll start:

- full 16bit resolution (65536 steps) support for all analog axes of game controllers (if they report it by HID)
Quote from rane_nbg :Let's revive it. I'll start:

- full 16bit resolution (65536 steps) support for all analog axes of game controllers (if they report it by HID)

I can recover this from a search, and I clearly remember that Track Editor was leading the poll by a large margin.
Attached images
zaCkSQi-4f4.jpg
graphics update
Quote from rane_nbg :Let's revive it. I'll start: - full 16bit resolution (65536 steps) support for...

Wow
Isn't it 16 bit already?
No, unfortunately it's not. You can have a look in axis calibration range in lfs. It is +-1000, giving only 2000 for all axis. This is fine for pedal axis, but for steering axis is a major no-no. I didn't escalate this earlier, because it is not so urgent with with curent physics. But once we get new phys, I will insist on it until I see it implemented.

If you pay attention to the incar steering wheel, you will notice quite a jump when you move wheel with as tiny steps as possible. Compare it with for example any other sim where you will see tiny sub pixel angular movements that correspond to full 16bit steering axis if the wheel supports it (logi, thrustmuster do, some DD's have even more than 16bits).

Some math for minimal angular step: 900deg/2000=0.45deg, while 900/65536 is less than 0.014deg.
One note, once you set keyboard stabilized controls, the in-car steering wheel can actually do these sub-pixel rotations, so the issue is only for game controllers like FFB wheels and some high-end joysticks.
Hmm, dont have a wheel rn to check, but honestly i thought that the FF steps setting is about resolution (like 10000 steps = 65536 converted to decimal)
Thats weird, lol
FFB resolution is fine, Scawen increased it to a full range a while ago.

It's about controller input resolution, it's fixed in LFS at 2000.
Well, im 100% noob in ffb hardware/software, but just dont get it, how steering resolution may differ from ffb resolution.

Anyway, that issue might be extra important in new patch so absolute +1 here
Tnx for support.

Here's a simple explanation of how the two are different.

Let's say your car is stationary and the wheel is centered, you are not touching it at all. Then, from the side comes another car at a moderate speed that hits your car. Physics does its magic, calculates all the forces, and sends the FFB to a wheel. The resolution of that FFB signal has nothing to do with the game controller, it's inherent to LFS physics. Now, what the FFB wheel will do with that signal is another thing and it is very important for a final FFB feel. In the same way, you would hear a better sound with better and more powerful speakers. The song is the same, but what you hear in the end depends on the device you listen to.

Now, let's say FFB is set to 0. You drive a car around, there the resolution of the steering axis dictates what will be the minimal input you can give that the game can still sense and act upon. LFS can still send the full res of FFB even if the steering axis is very low res. But we talk here about how sensitive the car is to the steering input. It may be ok for a GTi car to have 2000 steps, but something more serious like a BF1 or similar will benefit from utilizing the full available res of the controller (16bit usually for wheel, 8 or 10bit for gamepads).

FFB consists of many effects (forces), some are dependent on the steering input, some not. For example, track shape and all imperfections get picked up by a tire and suspension system, and that causes some forces to act on a steering column and a steering wheel. Whether you move it or not, they're gonna be there as long as the car is moving.
What I'm asking is equivalent to: my monitor is Full HD and supports 1920x1080. In the game, I can set screen res only to 1280x720, so I ask to implement support for whatever my monitor is maximally capable of -just in the game controller world.
-
(ksa_land) DELETED by ksa_land : Did not read the other thread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG