The online racing simulator
Hackers alert / license rental
(189 posts, closed, started )
changed web and game password
Nice to clarify. So no account data hacking + my pass are unique = alright and safe.
License rental is a thing I already heard about on JaR.
Also I wouldnt be surprised to learn about some method to make AI guess easy passwords.
changed
Yes, changed
Think we get email when someone unlocks the game?
Including ip adres.
I'm not worried so far.
Quote from RC-Maus :Think we get email when someone unlocks the game?
Including ip adres.
I'm not worried so far.

May not be the case if the game is already unlocked at the point of attempting to use another account.
Shouldn't we get an email about this? I don't visit the forum that much and just found this out.

Not surprising there's some illegal service again in Turkey.
Quote from Bose321 :Shouldn't we get an email about this? I don't visit the forum that much and just found this out.

While it might be nice for LFS to send an email with an update, it doesn't sound like they're the ones breached and thus aren't compelled (and may not be compelled becuase outside of EU) to disclose a breach (as they haven't been breached).
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. There is no suggestion that our servers have been hacked, no security breach on our side.

So in effect we are simply giving advice that there are hackers around and a few licenses have been stolen (around 20 as far as we know, as I've already said).

For example, some people actually entered their LFS game password into the systems run by people who formerly ran pirate master servers. It may sound crazy, to willingly hand over your password to a hacker, but that's what they did. We don't know if this is a source of some of the leaked passwords. But I am aware of failed attempts to use other licenses, by the same person that successfully used multiple licenses.

Anyway, I repeat the general advice, even if it's painfully obvious. Don't use the same password on different sites, do make sure your GAME password is not similar to your web password, don't give your password to hackers, or use it on other websites. Don't install exes given to you by "some guy on Discord" or whatever.

EDIT: We are still looking into this. LFS development has not resumed!
In combating/logging this, have you changed anything to do with users timing out from a server?

I'm always connected and have to rejoin after a lost connection every now and then, but today the server doesn't seem to notice that I've timed out.

I've had 'User name is already online' for at least half-an-hour now, usually it takes under a minute for the server to notice I've gone and let me back in again.

(It's not a hack - I'm showing as spectating on the same server, as I was when the connection was lost)

Edit: It's on my server, so I could kick myself from the control panel I think. I don't need to be logged in just yet, so I'll leave that until later in case there's some value in you looking at a live example of a stuck player Wink
No, I can't join either, your host needs restarting. The symptom I see (Queue Position : 1 endlessly) does happen after 49.7 days (aka 32 bits worth of milliseconds) and I believe I have fixed it in my own version, recently. But the fix isn't yet available. I'm wondering about moving soon to a minor update full version with various fixes and improvements seen in the test patch.
Thank you, the server restart fixed it.
Quote from Bose321 :Shouldn't we get an email about this? I don't visit the forum that much and just found this out.

My friend, do you know from whom Scawen received the notification that this service was provided here in Turkey? You do not know. Rest assured, it's not just the Turks who do this. You already know that it's not just the Turks who do it. Since they received notification that he was in Turkey, one of the Turks reached out to the developers and exposed this team. This happens when we think logically. Your statement, "It is not surprising that there are illegal services again in Turkey," amounts to provocation. How right is it for you to criticize all Turkish players for the services provided by a few idiots? I don't take offense anyway, but be careful with your tone. Rental etc. I've heard of foreigners doing their job. Everyone knows this. LFS should detect rental accounts here. Why should I report that someone else is using a rental account or try to find evidence of why they are using a rental account? It doesn't interest me at all. I hope more comprehensive measures will be taken regarding rental accounts.
We've had an illegal LFS community in Russia, later an illegal LFS community in Brazil. The Turkish LFS community suffers from frequent DDoS attacks from its own members.

These were big problems related to certain countries but this does not mean that all Russians, Brazilians or Turkish people are troublemakers!
Two separate in Russia
Just to mention thatCool
Password updated.
Quote from RealistAdam :My friend, do you know from whom Scawen received the notification that this service was provided here in Turkey? You do not know. Rest assured, it's not just the Turks who do this. You already know that it's not just the Turks who do it. Since they received notification that he was in Turkey, one of the Turks reached out to the developers and exposed this team. This happens when we think logically. Your statement, "It is not surprising that there are illegal services again in Turkey," amounts to provocation. How right is it for you to criticize all Turkish players for the services provided by a few idiots? I don't take offense anyway, but be careful with your tone. Rental etc. I've heard of foreigners doing their job. Everyone knows this. LFS should detect rental accounts here. Why should I report that someone else is using a rental account or try to find evidence of why they are using a rental account? It doesn't interest me at all. I hope more comprehensive measures will be taken regarding rental accounts.

The staggering amount of Turkish players who play on rented accounts is why people aren't surprised that this illegal service is happening in turkey, and the Ban list on TC city driving is literal evidence of this. Multiple log ins with same license from different IP's, and people admittingly saying their accounts are either rented or "bought second hand" in the form of asking for a unban in the forum because they are now the new "owner" of the license, or the current user.
Quote from [OD :Jardim;2081017"]The staggering amount of Turkish players who play on rented accounts is why people aren't surprised that this illegal service is happening in turkey, and the Ban list on TC city driving is literal evidence of this. Multiple log ins with same license from different IP's, and people admittingly saying their accounts are either rented or "bought second hand" in the form of asking for a unban in the forum because they are now the new "owner" of the license, or the current user.

These guys are clowns
Attached images
Screenshot_20240222-175755_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240222-175757_Discord.jpg
Here is the proof of him asking "is it worth to buy a second hand s3 account whic has been used renting for a month. Translate the texts and youll see the screenshots are legit too
Quote from Bruhmomento :Here is the proof of him asking "is it worth to buy a second hand s3 account whic has been used renting for a month. Translate the texts and youll see the screenshots are legit too

He is active in the "Osmanli Garage" community whic is a off brand TC for Crack s2 users around Turkey.

Here is his Profile
Attached images
Screenshot_20240222-180223_Discord.jpg
Screenshot_20240222-180226_Discord.jpg
He blocked me too xd
Well I can't understand Turkish, but the obvious suggestion is to not remove bans for reason "I am illegally renting a license" or "I bought a used, banned license as disallowed by the LFS regulations".

If rented accounts are useless then maybe the trade in them can stop. I am astonished that anyone can profit from renting out LFS licenses. It must be so cheap for the driver, to be worth renting instead of buying.

So the amount of effort involved for the illegal renter (who is basically a software pirate) can't be worth the income received. It's very strange.

Though I heard something about TC cruise money being used to make real money, which I don't even begin to understand. Uhmm
Quote from Scawen :Well I can't understand Turkish, but the obvious suggestion is to not remove bans for reason "I am illegally renting a license" or "I bought a used, banned license as disallowed by the LFS regulations".

If rented accounts are useless then maybe the trade in them can stop. I am astonished that anyone can profit from renting out LFS licenses. It must be so cheap for the driver, to be worth renting instead of buying.

So the amount of effort involved for the illegal renter (who is basically a software pirate) can't be worth the income received. It's very strange.

Though I heard something about TC cruise money being used to make real money, which I don't even begin to understand. Uhmm

We were the ones who sent the email about the money making etc. We will send you more proof and account names next week(if i can trsnslate them fast) whit english translation of the screenshots and google, excel files. We sent it to lfstech mail and well hope you will see it. (We were the ones who said "X number of people group at the start of the mail.)
Quote from Scawen :Well I can't understand Turkish, but the obvious suggestion is to not remove bans for reason "I am illegally renting a license" or "I bought a used, banned license as disallowed by the LFS regulations".

They Rent the account. The one using the rented account makes money in TC, They sell the TC money for real life money and then make profit. If the person who used the rent account makes enough TC money (620k) they buy them a brand new s3 on their own name. We explained at the mail we sent you at the start of this month whit excel files etc
Please don't send us all the information. We can't just take your info and start banning accounts.

I know you are trying to help but we cannot spend every minute of our lives investigating Turkish LFS racers, poring over the evidence and trying to be judge and jury too. I am a software developer trying to find a bit of time to do some actual development. I am not a underpaid policeman and I'm start to get fed up looking into all this rubbish. Even though you are trying to help, it just takes more of my time, not less.

Quote from Bruhmomento :They sell the TC money for real life money

This is the part I can't understand. Shrug

You can't just say something that makes no sense at all, and expect me to take that as a reason for something.
This thread is closed

Hackers alert / license rental
(189 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG