The online racing simulator
Lemon Duckling
(14 posts, started )
Lemon Duckling
The slowest Lemon is on a way to the LFS.

Attached images
duckling_progress_00.jpg
yes but not sure if the slowest, maybe could you make the racing version :
Quote from NENE87 :yes but not sure if the slowest, maybe could you make the racing version

During work on a Rosalie mod I have found a complete technical documentation of all stock Citroen cars before 1959. I cannot speak French, but it is not so hard to read with a help of a dictionary. Therefore for me it is easier to make a realistic stock version and leave derivatives allowed for the community Smile I have combined the data with blueprints from Heller manuals, which should do the job.
Attached images
duckling_progress_01.jpg
Progress: added headlights, wheels and windshield. Started with approximation of the suspension.

Wheel alignment and steering are tuned according to technical documentation. However there are some limitations which are not supported in the current simulation: front trailing arm, link between front and rear suspension and an old French 400 mm rim size.

The IRL car has an extraordinary suspension where a special link between front and rear wheels enables an extremely soft suspension. Combined with 15° caster, it is almost impossible to roll over despite uncomfortable tilt during cornering. Tried to approximate this using a linear front suspension + extended suspension travel + slightly smaller 15 inch wheels. The current version is funny to drive, but I am still able to roll it over in some corners.
Attached images
duckling_progress_02.jpg
Progress: added windows, doors, rear mudguards and taillights. Luckily the car has a really simple lines which are easy to recreate. However, some shading fixes will be needed.
Attached images
duckling_progress_03.jpg
duckling_progress_04.jpg
#6 - Kova.
Like my countrymate that is doing the stream commentary during our french races would says : OH LA LA ! Big grin

If by any way you want some help with the french docs, don't hesitate!
Quote from Kova. :If by any way you want some help with the french docs, don't hesitate!

Thanks, currently I have all the information, but maybe I will have some questions in the future Smile

Progress: minor shading fixes, added chassis and a front bumper. The car is awfully slow (even slower than Hadimrška), however it is not easy to roll over despite frightening angles Big grin I have also tried to simulate a twin-engined 4x4 "Sahara" version. Looks like a capable crawler, but not as funny as the stock car, which is considerably lighter.

Attached images
duckling_progress_05.jpg
#8 - Kova.
Which engine do you put in it?

Love the suspension work, like the fantomas Big grin
Quote from Kova. :Which engine do you put in it?

The original "ripple bonnet" cars used 355cc ~7hp and 425cc ~12hp engines.
I use the second one, but still it cannot go faster than 80kph Big grin

Two years ago I almost bought one IRL, but rational thinking have stopped me unfortunately (these tend to rust really badly). Therefore I would like to have a virtual one at least Big grin
The 425CC 12hp had a announced vmax from 70 to 80kph IIRC Rofl

Guess if you reach the 80 it's a great success haha

I was about to have one to bring back to life, the floor was fully rotten, ofc they're changeable but it's a price.. Thanks virtuality for compensating Big grin
cool
Thanks for support Smile

Progress: started working on interior. Created seats and doors from the inside.
Attached images
duckling_progress_06.jpg
Nice.
Randomly attached two photos of the "Ente" I sometimes see around here.

Also, for next project can you please pick a vehicle with a more normal suspension that is supported by LFS without tricks? Wink
Attached images
ente1.jpg
ente2.jpg
Quote from Gutholz :Randomly attached two photos of the "Ente" I sometimes see around here.

Nice Charleston Smile

Quote from Gutholz :Also, for next project can you please pick a vehicle with a more normal suspension that is supported by LFS without tricks? Wink

I am concurently working on a licensed Škoda Felicia (both stock and racing version) which is suitable for LFS. All my Czechoslovak cars have a realistic suspension supported by LFS. However, all the French ones needed some rough approximations unfortunately:
Citroen Xsara - passive rear axle steering (but still feels similar to IRL)
Citroen DS - hydraulic link between front and rear wheel
Citroen Traction Avant - rear beam axle
Citroen Rosalie - beam axles

The problem is, that I like strange cars. Making a quality licensed mods is not easy for me (I am really not good at 3D modeling), so I made this simple side project to take a break, when shading optimization of the main project gets too frustrating Big grin

I agree, LFS needs mods with less tricks and there could be a way how to filter mods using category such as:
  • mod is according to specs and author drove it IRL
  • mod is according to specs but author did not drive it IRL
  • mod is according to specs and author drove it IRL but uses some rough approximations
  • mod is according to specs but uses some rough approximations
  • mod is not documented and roughly approximated
Maybe I should add such category in my mod descriptions.

Lemon Duckling
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG