Wanted: MASSIVE ROAD MAPS
(24 posts, started )
This is something LFS would be great with, some REALLY huge maps, and i know the game can handle that, let me give you some examples. And the main idea for this is for the creative people that construct there own tracks on the two "Car park" maps.

Map: Highway track (should be atleast: 20.000 km - 12 miles)

This would be so awesome, specialy a racetype that is: Star to Finnish (no loop) and everytime everyone have drived through they start all over again, this would be really cool in the sense of every car being really close at high speed, plus the setup would make big differences!

If it was possible to add like 40-50 SIMPLE AI cars to make traffic while racing it would be awesome!

Map: "Huge Area"

Basicly "Car Park" without any writen on the road, would be cool if it is 30 km - 18.6 miles!

Map: City

With this map i think that there should be a gametype that you are either a cop or a robber, and you get some simple objectives!
Quote from InSaneTK :This is something LFS would be great with, some REALLY huge maps, and i know the game can handle that, let me give you some examples. And the main idea for this is for the creative people that construct there own tracks on the two "Car park" maps.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... /90/Motorwaym25_midas.jpg

This would be so awesome, specialy a racetype that is: Star to Finnish (no loop) and everytime everyone have drived through they start all over again, this would be really cool in the sense of every car being really close at high speed, plus the setup would make big differences!

If it was possible to add like 40-50 SIMPLE AI cars to make traffic while racing it would be awesome!

Basicly "Car Park" without any writen on the road, would be cool if it is 30 km - 18.6 miles!

With this map i think that there should be a gametype that you are either a cop or a robber, and you get some simple objectives!

u want ur computer to crash?? i think if u use 20 ai's now u'r pc can't handle itillepall (didn't meant ur pc, just overall)
#3 - Jakg
this isnt NFS im afraid, which is want you want, plus i think this might atract the wrong type of person
Quote from Jakg :this isnt NFS im afraid, which is want you want, plus i think this might atract the wrong type of person

I don't like Need for speed, but i love Live for speed. Because of it's realism, and i think it would be cool if we had some kind of highway road where we could drive like we wanted.
#5 - joen
LFS is a racing simulator though, not a cops and robbers game.
People can host CnR games on their servers using existing environments all they want, but I think focus of the LFS developers is and should be on creating a racing simulator.
Plus, your suggestions are simply too demanding on system performance.
Wow! We'll need to run LFS on a supercomputer if that's to work at LFS levels of physics realism.

LFS:Supercomputer Edition
AVUS!

Use the highway,make on each sides two tight hairpins,put in a tight chicane somewhere,and you just made a brilliant race track!
#8 - ajp71
Quote from InSaneTK :

Wow the thrills of an 18.6 mile long traffic jam...

...having said that the Cortina looks fun
Actually, it deosn't take much computing power to simulate the stupidity of everyday traffic.
Is it a Cortina? Looks like an Anglia to me, but I could be wrong Silly tiny pictures
The last time I checked, the last attempt to creatre a street racing sim was Legal Street Racing form Activision Value. But as usual, they take a very promising premise and ruined it all, releasing an incomplete game that simply won't run without HORRIBLE lag. It's no LFS, but it's physics had much more promise then NFS:U or anything ATM. Besides, it had the most sophisticated tuning system ever seen on a PC game. You could actually change individual components such as glass panes, body panels and even individual engine parts such as throttle bodies and cylinder heads.
Quote from tristancliffe :Is it a Cortina? Looks like an Anglia to me, but I could be wrong Silly tiny pictures

cortina with original Ford-Lotus collors
IMHO, highways are boring (also in real life). What I would love to see is a mountain pass or forest track, without traffic, something like the tracks in NFS Porsche 2000. Ahhh, I really liked that game, it was the last worth NFS made by EA.
NFS:Porsche Unleashed. That was the best NFS of all time. What followed was all downhill though.

Yes, those are the tracks that LFS actually need, without traffic of course to ensure safe and proper racing.
Hello? This is a racing simulator. This isn't about illegal racing on public roads
NFS is a shame on driving games.
Did I mention CLOSED , TRAFFIC FREE roads for a road race? Like WRC?

So we've got another person who looks down on Professional Rallying and thinks it's a mockery of racing. Might as well ban Albert Park's use as a genuine race venue, since it's a public road.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
you guys need to get through your hard heads that LFS is beyond just racing here, its going into the world of driving itself; i would love to have a highway to mess around with with simple AIs that will go down the highway, change lanes etc.

i personally can see this being used specifically for training lessons for changing lanes, being aware of whats around you, whats going on around you, and how to escape a crash in limited space and time, so i DEFFINETLY say +1
What XCNuse said. LFS has the potential to be so much more than just circuit racing. Why not let it expand? Sure the focus needs to be on getting the physics and stuff perfect and the racing takes priority, but that doesn't mean it can't become what is being discussed here. You should use NFSMW? Why? If LFS has the best physics of all sims, why wouldn't you want this topic discussion instead of using crappy NFS?

Like the quick picture posted earlier in this thread, recreate another South City like layout laid out like the autocross or something where physical objects are what define the path rather than the circuit route.

I eventually get tired of the constant racing now and then. Every couple of months I leave LFS for a bit and fly on a flight simulator. Then I come back to LFS. Now "Cops n Robber" and "City Life" servers are cropping up that isn't racing. I'm not fond of the genre of folks going to some of them, but it is something to get away from the hardcore racing to relax and have fun. I was in a server last night playing "Tag". It was a blast (thread started in another section about it). In an open South City like area, it would be fantastic. It is not just all the "noobs" and "kids" joining in these either. It is other "hardcore racers" that I have been seeing entering these type of servers as well.

One thing that can be done maybe easily (I'm guessing) is to create some new objects for the autocross/carpark area. Something like a few different sized large blocks with sidewalk textures or something that would eliminate 30 barricade objects being used to create the pathways. Stuff like that would make a better layout and if the blocks are large enough, eliminate some of the objects being used to reduce the quantity.
Quote from K.David :Hello? This is a racing simulator. This isn't about illegal racing on public roads
NFS is a shame on driving games.

Em... I forgot to mention I dont want traffic, I would like a forest or mountain track for point to point races, without traffic.

And I know it's impossible with the current engine and blah blah blah, we've had tons of thread asking for that, and all the answers are there, I know them.

But do you really guys refuse a tricky forest track with a mix of shadow forest parts and bright countryside straights, and elevation changes crossing hills? Or maybe a sunset mountain pass with careful turns and hairpins, and maybe a couple of tunnels?

I really love those roads in real life with little straights and lots of turns and gear changes, and I've done some track-day laps in a real legacy F1 track (Jarama) so I can compare them, and I enjoyed both, but they are so different I can't choose one as favourite. If you really enjoy driving you've to love those roads!!!!!

I'm not talking about drifting, or N2O lame things, and I don't want traffic, I just want the whole track for true road racing.

And BTW, NFS Porsche was a great game, it was arcadish I know (did I say it was a sim?), but it was a great game for it's time. Now EA makes shitty games, but that doesn't mean ALL of the previous ones are.

And this is not a request, suggestion, or plz-sacawen-do-this-or-that thing. It's just an opinion of what I like.

Best regards.
#20 - dev
Quote from InSaneTK :This is something LFS would be great with, some REALLY huge maps, and i know the game can handle that, let me give you some examples. And the main idea for this is for the creative people that construct there own tracks on the two "Car park" maps.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... /90/Motorwaym25_midas.jpg

+1 from me....
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#21 - Mc21
If you want a big map just wait for Test Drive Unlimited to come out for PC.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Quote from thisnameistaken : If people want to put up a bunch of barriers on a track and pretend they're driving to the supermarket, that's their business.

That sounds like an exciting game. Virtual Errand Runner 2006.
Quote from Flycantbird :That sounds like an exciting game. Virtual Errand Runner 2006.

Finally a game for my mum! +1
Better put the flamesuit on, but...

get back to the citydrivingcopsandrobbersroleplayinggame in the autocross arena (lol) and tell them to stop before they got infected too

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG