The online racing simulator
GT2C 2024: Round 1 - Protests and Penalties
Please provide the following in your protest:

Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 1: Pre Qualifying, Free Practice, Qualifying, Race; Servers: Main)
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day)
Car(s) involved
Location of Incident
Brief Description of Incident

Pre-Qualifying Protests are due by 13:30 UTC on Sunday, 4 February 2024. Pre-Qualifying Protests should be lodged as soon as possible after the incident, however.

All race day protests are due by 12:30 UTC on Monday, 5 February 2024.

Track Map

Penalty Log
Entire Event
Car 30 - 1 Championship Point Penalty - Did not upload skin to forum thread by deadline

Pre-Qualifying

Free Practice

Qualifying
Car 30 - 1 Championship Point Penalty - No required elements on skin

Race
Car 14 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 27 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 40 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 75 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 77 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 90 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 98 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 21 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 46 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 54 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 59 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 73 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 88 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 32 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 80 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 89 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 93 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 4 - 4 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 86 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 28 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 30 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 74 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 87 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 23 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 40 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 75 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 86 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 14 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 4 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 74 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 30 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 90 - 5 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 54 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period & Overtaking under VSC (VSC2)
Car 80 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period & Causing a collision under VSC (VSC2)
Car 8 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 87 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 9 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 30 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 1 - T14-16)
Car 24 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 10 - T7)
Car 14 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 13 - T17-18)
Car 09 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to follow and conduct under Safety Car procedure (Lap 14)
Car 89 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to follow and conduct under Safety Car procedure (Lap 14)
Car 88 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 26 - T1)
Car 88 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 4 - T16)
Car 88 - Warning - Causing a Collision (Lap 4 - T16)
Car 32 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 42 - T8-9)
Car 97 - 5 Championship Point Penalty - Spectated from on-track without RC permission (Lap 8 - T10)
Car 97 - Drive Through Penalty - Unsafe Rejoin (Lap 8 - T10/T11)
Session: Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: L4 / 11:05
Car(s) involved: 98, 88
Location of Incident: T16
Brief Description of Incident: #88 into my RR corner.
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: L1 / 4:55
Car(s) involved: 64, 30
Location of Incident: T14/T16
Brief Description of Incident: #30 in T14 hitted my car without having any overlap (he was slow after contact with other car previous corner). Later in T16 hairpin he dived me again, overtook me off the track over the white line and hit me again.
Counter Protest
Car(s) involved: 88, 98
Brief Description of Incident:
1.1 Car 98 has room (1 - 1.5 car widrh) on left outer side of circuit but chooses to hold tighter line (fair tactic) however, my car was already alongside on the inside on corner entry, and as I adjusted accordingly to compensate for Car 98 line change.. when applying power on exit and with regular minor counter steering movement, due to lag had exaggerated the car placement and caused Car 98 lag contact, flick upward and pivot around my front bumper.
1.1.2 It was not in my best interests to P.i.t someone into a spin, let alone have car contact that way,
1.1.3 Steering movement from my car was not heavy or abrupt, although I try to predict and compensate my steering in advance of the netcode hitbox, I am not able to reliably do so especially when the car ahead is not predictable...
1.2 Sorry Jarod, but I don't know what else I could've done beside ceasing acceleration completely to wave you by :/ Didn't think the actual contact could've been anything more than a 0.4x cc but the ping must've made it worse as your car jumped up off the ground
That's all -

Quote from jmeade :Session: Race

Quote from MicroSpecV :Counter Protest
Car(s) involved: 88, 98
Brief Description of Incident:
1.1 Car 98 has room (1 - 1.5 car widrh) on left outer side of circuit but chooses to hold tighter line (fair tactic) however, my car was already alongside on the inside on corner entry, and as I adjusted accordingly to compensate for Car 98 line change.. when applying power on exit and with regular minor counter steering movement, due to lag had exaggerated the car placement and caused Car 98 lag contact, flick upward and pivot around my front bumper.
1.1.2 It was not in my best interests to P.i.t someone into a spin, let alone have car contact that way,
1.1.3 Steering movement from my car was not heavy or abrupt, although I try to predict and compensate my steering in advance of the netcode hitbox, I am not able to reliably do so especially when the car ahead is not predictable...
1.2 Sorry Jarod, but I don't know what else I could've done beside ceasing acceleration completely to wave you by :/ Didn't think the actual contact could've been anything more than a 0.4x cc but the ping must've made it worse as your car jumped up off the ground
That's all -

That is not how this works. There is no such thing as a counter protest. You are welcome to protest the incident also but we ask for a BRIEF description as it is down to the stewards to decide what happened. This is not a discussion thread.

Due to the above, your 'counter' protest is null & void and will not be considered. Please be aware that repeating such type of protest may result in penalties (see NDR Sporting Code May 2020 Article XI.1.4).

Should the stewards wish to ask for additional info, they will ask for it. A protest needs to be what, where and when. Not the why and how.
During the event, the following penalties were applied by the stewards following reports from the Race Director.
Race
Car 97 - Drive Through Penalty - Unsafe Re-Join (Lap 8 - T10-11)
Car 24 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a collision (Lap 10 - T7)
Car 14 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a collision (Lap 13 - T17-18)
Car 88 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a collision (Lap 26 - T1)

The following penalties have been applied post event by the stewards following reports from the Race Director.
Race
Car 14 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 27 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 40 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 75 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 77 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 90 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 98 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 21 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 46 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 54 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 59 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 73 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 88 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 32 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 80 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 89 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 93 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 4 - 4 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 86 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 28 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 30 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 74 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 87 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC1)
Car 23 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 40 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 75 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 86 - 1 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 14 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 4 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 74 - 2 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 30 - 3 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 90 - 5 Second Time Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 54 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period & Overtaking under VSC (VSC2)
Car 80 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period & Causing a collision under VSC (VSC2)
Car 8 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 87 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 9 - Warning - Failure to slow sufficiently at start of VSC Period (VSC2)
Car 09 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to follow and conduct under Safety Car procedure (Lap 14)
Car 89 - Drive Through Penalty - Failure to follow and conduct under Safety Car procedure (Lap 14)
Car 32 - Drive Through Penalty - Causing a Collision (Lap 42 - T8-9)

The following penalties have been applied to the championship standings by the stewards following reports from the Race Director
Qualifying

Race

Entire Event
Car 30 - 1 Championship Point Penalty - Did not upload skin to forum thread by deadline

Protest Results
Quote from texxxas :Session: Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: L1 / 4:55
Car(s) involved: 64, 30
Location of Incident: T14/T16
Brief Description of Incident: #30 in T14 hitted my car without having any overlap (he was slow after contact with other car previous corner). Later in T16 hairpin he dived me again, overtook me off the track over the white line and hit me again.

Quote from jmeade :Session: Race

The stewards re-reviewed this incident and decided to increase the penalty from a warning to a drive through penalty. The warning is then rescinded and the new penalty above put in place.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG