The online racing simulator
[sound glitches]
(10 posts, closed, started )
[sound glitches]
Hello. Since 7E was released, I have been experiencing fps drop and loss of sound on S3 servers. I think this may be due to new members logging into the server or downloading a mod. There is actually no problem when you download a mod while playing the game, but when someone enters the server (it may be a coincidence), the game freezes. This happens to me all the time. I wondered if there was something wrong with me. My graphics settings are at the highest and I am not using any 3rd party programs. I recently reinstalled it with a clean install on win11. But the result is still the same. There are glitches in the game. This may be a technical problem. I didn't have such a problem before.

Same with the sound problem, the sound disappears after a while on the servers. Even if I refresh the sounds, they don't come. You have to exit and enter the game. I am using 7.1 headphones. I noticed that most players experience this problem. I wanted to let you know. I don't know who is experiencing the drop problem, but my system is fine. At the highest settings, I get 250fps even if the server is full. It's a bit weird to get drops at 250-300fps. I wondered if it had anything to do with RAM, but it has nothing to do with RAM. The RAM is quite sufficient. Please write here if you experience this problem. I would like to know if I'm the only one experiencing the problem.

https://hizliresim.com/avxhlqd https://hizliresim.com/1j1k5y6
If you get a significant glitch when someone joins, I'd be interested in which mod they were using.

Until only recently, some people were uploading some bad mods that used exploits. Maybe some of those mods (that were uploaded before the new checks) need to be taken down, but to do that, we need to know which ones they are.

About loss of sound, can you reproduce it by watching an MPR of the incident? In the past there have been mods that caused loss of sound.
Quote from Scawen :If you get a significant glitch when someone joins, I'd be interested in which mod they were using.

Until only recently, some people were uploading some bad mods that used exploits. Maybe some of those mods (that were uploaded before the new checks) need to be taken down, but to do that, we need to know which ones they are.

About loss of sound, can you reproduce it by watching an MPR of the incident? In the past there have been mods that caused loss of sound.

Every time I enter the game I will start a video recording. If I have a problem with the server as you mentioned (freezing, loss of sound), I will add a video here.
I think there is a problem in all vehicle modes seen in the picture. As each one left the pits, there were changes in the game. There is an MPR recording of the moment of the incident. I can throw it if you want. In fact, there are constant freezes. But I can't detect it because my video recording is not turned on.
I had a very bad computer at the time and the server was crashing and freezing after the players left the pit. I think the problem is related to the storage of your computer.
There are no problems in most modes. Some of them have problems, as scawen said. Also, when it comes to storage space, I have 2 storage areas. Games and windows files are in a separate memory. So it's irrelevant.
Quote from RealistAdam :Also, when it comes to storage space, I have 2 storage areas. Games and windows files are in a separate memory. So it's irrelevant.

How can you say something like that? Of course that it matters on other things than just this. It depends very much on which type of storage device lfs runs on and also the overall system stability and health. Not counting external drive devices, it's: pata HDD < sata HDD < sata3 HDD < sata3 SSD < NVme SSD. Not enough RAM or not well optimized system clogged with many startup apps, basicaly anything that consumes system resources in that particulair moment may be resposible for the freezes.

I yet have not noticed majority of issues you are mentioning, related with lfs freezing or crashes. It's not reasonable to assume that something is wrong with LFS if it only shows up very rarely and only on 1 or 2 PC's.
I am using SSD and my amount of RAM is quite sufficient. Even though I reported this problem at the beginning of 2024, it occurred in the last months of 2023. Members on the server also experienced these problems. Scawen already said it himself. Harmful mods were installed and they blocked it. We experienced sound loss and unusual drops. I think some modes are larger than they should be and this is being interfered with. As I said, my system is fine. I have no memory or ram problems. Before, there were more freezes or loss of sound, but now it is very rare. I have to report this too. Every player experiences this, but they think it is related to themselves and do not report it. I'm pretty sure this isn't about me. Good forums.
** Best answer **
Good to hear the freezes are improving. Maybe because excessive mods are much less common now (each day I remove some, after the reports come in, but fewer each day). The authors can then fix the issue and upload again.

As mentioned before, there is always a pit-out glitch the first time any mode or official car is loaded, because of the texture load.

The texture loading glitch has been reduced to very small in the new graphical version, by loading textures over subsequent frames.

It is not possible to do anything about that in the current public version, so I suggest we wait for the new official version in which I have done a lot of work to reduce pit-out glitch.

In future, please do not write thread titles in capital letters, unless your aim is to annoy me. THANKS.
I'll close the thread as I don't want to hear about this any more.

Momentary glitches, as described above, are not a "BUG" and are dealt with already in future version.

If you get total loss of sound when a certain mod is used, that is a bug and I want to hear about it.

Once again, no thread titles with all capital letters, please. Let's stay calm.
This thread is closed

[sound glitches]
(10 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG