The online racing simulator
Help me with programming LFS, outgauge outsim
Hello!

I recently bought an S3 license and was very confused when I saw that some mods do not have gear indicators. As a player with a mouse and keyboard, it is necessary for me to see in which gear I,m or else I get lost.

So I thought that I could somehow program it myself to show me the number of gears on the screen, maybe a digital speedometer and so on.

The thing is I only know some of HTML, CSS and JavaScript programing language's...

What I found from the forums that I need to use outage or outside to get the information from LFS and some how convert it to normal number (Of course, maybe I didn't even understand how it really is).

I saw there was some library's in php and python language's, I think I could try to learn them.

I am a beginner programmer and I want it to be related to my future work.

So what the point of this post is to ask for your help.
Could you give me any sources or any information where to start with this project?

I really want to enjoy the new (for me) car mods experience in full pleasure (and it might even work to my advantage with this project).
You can try to use build-in game overlay for the gauges which always got the gear indicators: go to Options -> View -> Clocks mode: all.

As for where to start InSim journey, aside from docs/InSim.txt itself, there's an outdated wikia.

However, if you're developer around web areas, I strongly recommend you to check out WebAssembly, and especially: the Wasm Component Model proposal, as there are efforts being made to bring this idea into InSim form.
#3 - gu3st
If you were looking to get to your destination quicker, SimHub might be an option too. It would allow you to build your own custom HTML/CSS/JS dashboard with SimHub handling the simulator communication for you.

Then you just need to load it up in a web browser on another monitor/phone/tablet and boom.
Thanks for your suggestions, but what I want is a small on-screen indicator like you could get with LFSLazy extension in the game, not a separate window. Smile
#5 - Racon
One of my tutorial scripts for PIE is a basic heads-up speed display from OutGauge data, you could tweak it very easily to display gears if you're happy coding in PHP.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG