The online racing simulator
Help with Importing
(10 posts, started )
Help with Importing
Hello, I've seen many great renders from the forum members and have wondered how do they import LFS material into 3d max. So my question is how do you import models/tracks into 3d max? Does the version matter? I am using 3d max 8 so I hope that is okay.
#2 - joen
No way to import tracks? Because I was going to challange myself to make my own track and I just wanted to see how the LFS tracks are construced
#4 - joen
No I'm afraid not. There is a version of Blackwood around, but it's completely untextured so it would still need a lot of work.
[quote=joen;185588]As far as I know Max 8 should work. I'm using Max 7 as 8 refuses to install on my PC

I use the CMX importer to get the models into Max: http://www.liveforspeed.cz/downloads/cmx-2-3ds.zip

I d/l'd that app, and extracted the files into a directory c:\stuff.
I also put a copy of the FZ50 GTR.cmx file there

I typed the following into the start/run window

java -cp c:\stuff\ Cmx_2_3ds "FZ50 GTR"

I get a window with some brief text, which closes, but I never get the 3ds file. Any idea why ?
#6 - joen
[quote=Flycantbird;207402][quote=joen;185588]As far as I know Max 8 should work. I'm using Max 7 as 8 refuses to install on my PC

I use the CMX importer to get the models into Max: http://www.liveforspeed.cz/downloads/cmx-2-3ds.zip

I d/l'd that app, and extracted the files into a directory c:\stuff.
I also put a copy of the FZ50 GTR.cmx file there

I typed the following into the start/run window

java -cp c:\stuff\ Cmx_2_3ds "FZ50 GTR"

I get a window with some brief text, which closes, but I never get the 3ds file. Any idea why ?[/quote]

Hm, I should have checked the link I posted. That's not the one you need, sorry about that.
I attached the right one, it's just a .dll you need to drop into your 3DS plugins folder.
Then you can just start 3DS and go to file->import->point to the cmx file you want to import.
Hope that works for you
Attached files
CMX Importer.zip - 11.8 KB - 142 views
I'm using Bryce5. Do you know how I can import the files for this app ?

Thanks
For my understanding is that you will have to first import the CMX file into 3ds max. and then do all the neccessary texturing to the model, then export it as a .3ds file. And then you will be able to import a .3ds file to Bryce.
Unless there is a CMX importer for Bryce.
Can someone tell me, where i can find the Blackwood textures? And maybe Aston too?
#10 - Jakg
Quote from GrandlHuber :Can someone tell me, where i can find the Blackwood textures? And maybe Aston too?

textures? LFS>Data>DDS, but you cant import the tracks

Help with Importing
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG