BUGGY 2000 AWS SPEC
(4 posts, started )
BUGGY 2000 AWS SPEC
Vehicle mod: BUGGY 2000 AWS SPEC
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/6BF4F6

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :The 4th car for AWS based on other existing mod

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :In order to expand cars list in the All-wheel-drive Winter Series,a new unique car comes to the league - a Euro autocross type buggy. Using the Buggy_1600 as a base,the powered up version will be a new challenge for AWS racers,as it will be the 1st car in league history that is not a closed cockpit car and 1st internal combustion engined car without a turbocharger.

The car received a high revving 2-liter engine similar to one found in a popular asian manufacturer's roadster from early 2000s with slight upgrade - the 300 horsepower are found way above 9k RPM mark,forcing the racers keep up the revs through turns. The engine is coupled with simple 5-speed sequential gearbox without ignition cut,unfortunatelly the clutch is found to be the weak link,as it tends to overheat if drivers are not cautios over jumps.

From the original mod this has few other alterations:
* Removed original engine/transmission 3D model and added the one from same user's other mod (Buggy_1600_V2)
* Cleared the whole 3D model from bad normals,minor adjustments to the model
* Changed front and rear wings to much simpler ones,adjusting also downforce/drag values
* Changed suspension parameters to make track width smaller and wheel base slightly longer
* Changed tyre width from 205 to 215 on front and 235 on rear axle
* Slight skin mapping alterations and fixes (with help of Draggo)
* Optimized object positions
* Removed configurations - only one is available for this mod

COVER SCREENSHOT:
great buggy nice to drive slides nicely .only trouble is the gears that change randhomly ,I mean sometimes it shifts sometimes not espacialy with the up shift .that is quit weird and ennoying if you want keep high revs on downshifting or stop a slide by engaginf the upper gear .
Unfortunatelly that's how LFS now works with sequential gearbox without ignition cut (I recall having "random" downshift denials with Raybeam,which also has same type),nothing we can do about. The specific type was selected because it was simply the most clutch saving - both H-shifter and sequential with ignition cut tended to overheat clutch even more,while paddle shift is simply unrealistic for this type of car.
It is the same gearbox you might be used from FBM - you always must unload gearbox (in most cases by lifting throttle,sometimes going over bump during shift can help) for upshift,dowshifts can also be affected by loads.
thanks for you reply .we will try to go over that by learning where to precisely change gears .I had not noticed it was better on jumps or bulmps .i use the clutch but even then it refuses to engage sometimes .anyway it is nice car to drive .cheers

BUGGY 2000 AWS SPEC
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG