The online racing simulator
Use multiple controllers - HELP
(7 posts, started )
Hello all,

This is my first post on the LFS forum.

I'm encountering an issue with my setup, which is a bit of a Frankenstein configuration. I have multiple controllers—one for the steering wheel, another for the accelerator/clutch pedals and shifter, one for the brake pedal, and another for the handbrake.

I've been attempting to configure all of them to use in LFS, but it appears that I can only use one at a time. For instance, if I try to map the load cell, I need to select controller number 4 for it to work, but then none of the other mapped axis will function...

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks!

I spent a couple of hours when i ran into this exact issue. Long story short - After updating drivers/firmware for my devices and restarted my pc, it was all working again.

I did also try a seperate LFS installation, but same result. LFS is not to blame here.

After all that, I'm still not sure if it was a driver issue or windows 11 issue.
Thanks for the reply
I’m running WIN 10, and I’m pretty sure I have everything updated.
That said, probably I won’t be able to play LFS with the current setup Frown
Have you clicked the button "other controllers" ?

You wouldn't be the first one to find it confusing, but it should be as simple as that.

Just don't select one single controller when you see them all listed.
Hi.
So, if I click Other controllers (2nd pic), all the controllers will be displayed (just like the 1st pic). But then, only the first controller ( the actual wheel) will show available bottom axis to be chosen from.

(I hope you understood my explanation Smile )
** Best answer **
You should leave it as in the first image, with all 5 controllers displayed. That image appears to show axes from two controllers (I see some 1s and 2s in the list of axes). The other axes should be visible by moving the scroll bar.

You need to manually assign controller axes to the game inputs.

Like this: https://upload.lfsmanual.net/images/b/bb/HowToAssignAxis_Ani.gif

From this page: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Controls

It should allow 8 axes per controller, up to 10 controllers.

What happens? Can you not see the axis moving, if you move the scroll bar down?
Don't really know why, but now all the axes work and are displayed!!
Probably was doing something wrong for sure.
I believe it is "fixed"

Thank you all for the help

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG