The online racing simulator
#1 - Pukyy
Increase steering wheel position update frequency while spectating other players
Title says it all, basically, the rate at which the steering wheel visually updates/changes position while spectating players is so low. It'd be nice if the rate was increased, because it's hard to see what someone is doing while spectating them. This bothers me a lot when I watch livestreams/race highlights of leauges I'm participating in. Also, when someone is trying to teach me better technique or something similar I cannot see what inputs they are doing, basically making it impossible to learn
It's not just steering wheel axis input, but all axis of all players, including pedals and so on. Doing it would increase multiplayer server load dramatically. I'm not sure if there is enough resources for this and this is what keeps LFS online experience at a very good level. Recently car coordinated and vector speed update rate in miltiplayer had been increased from 4 to 12 times per second. Still, ping of many players doesn't even allow it to be utilized fully.

It's generaly a nice suggestion, but I'm afraid LFS is not ready for it yet.
#3 - w126
It could be done by slightly delaying (1 second or a bit less) the action shown when spectating in multiplayer mode and thanks to it doing it in a way similar to showing multiplayer replays because the game would know 'future' states. With such approach interpolation of steering inputs would be possible and car movement would look smoother, too.
Yeah, you are right, some kind of pre-buffer (delay) could do it, but I'm not a fan of any delay at all. Let's leave it as it is.
#5 - Pukyy
Quote from rane_nbg :It's not just steering wheel axis input, but all axis of all players, including pedals and so on. Doing it would increase multiplayer server load dramatically.

That's the sad thing, I wish LFS gets more popular/funded. It may be possible soon though, with popular and well known youtubers talking about the game recently...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG