The online racing simulator
New GTA 6 trailer, what do you think?
(13 posts, started )
I think everyone here has been playing the gta series of games, and here is the trailer of the long awaited new part. Confirmed leaks that the main characters will be a loving couple of gangsters like Bonnie and Clyde, who are operating in a place with references to Vice City.
What do you think?

Personally, I liked the realistic picture, good lighting work, сamera backlight effects like bloom, clipping light. Lots of different details, lots of different animals just in this trailer. Realistic faces and overall a realistic picture. I hope this trend of realism will continue in all aspects of the game, especially in physics.
Waiting for tiktokers to replicate that car roof twerk stunt, than for news headlines bout this new suicide method.

So far so good, the only thing concerning was that dialogue at the finish; GTA should remain silly, so hope they didn't pushed some TLOU2 or other trya-be-cryover type of threads there.
I watched the trailer many times and I was worried it may be a render, and not a gameplay video in any way. (atleast in some scenes) On the other hand, Rockstar's singularity has always been that they made video trailers from the game.
My four take on this. Hair, smoke, details, post-effects.
The work of light and the level of reflections in puddles and glossy surfaces were also amazing, but with hired technologies like PTX this is possible

Hair.
I think many of us have already seen in games the visually correct dynamic behavior of hair relative to the inertia of the character’s movements. (according to the behavior of soft bodies)

But I have never seen a good collision of hair with items of clothing and body. Here you can see how the hair reacts correctly to the body during the animation.

Smoke
Apparently, volumetric are involved here, and it is also dynamic, i.e. This is either a simulation or some kind of complex shader. You can also notice that volumetrics respond correctly to light sources. You can see how the car's headlights illuminate smoke.

Amount of details.
Just look at this, I'm sure it's a pre-made scene, debris on the asphalt, broken glass, liquid, crumpled impact on the guardrail, crumpled barrels (although it's possible that it's is okay because it's part of a local news program, and they need some pre-made scene for that)

Quantity and quality of dirt texture on the skin and on clothes.

Detailing of debris underfoot. You can also notice the potholes, the asphalt in which grass grows in the cracks, the amount of detail is amazing.

Post-effects.
A huge number of cinimatic post-effects are not needed for the game, but they were probably made only for the trailer. Depth of field, bloom, glare, clipping light, motion blur (even on characters like on hands of dirt woman), chromatic aberration, etc. Although these post-effects maybe will be added in some kind of screenshot mode. Alya selfie on the phone camera.

Dof blur

Boom, light glares, clipping light.

I won't add everything, I think these effects are already noticeable.

I just have doubts that this will all work on consoles. But still, but I hope that all this will be in the game because it looks very juicy.
Attached images
ditails.png
dirt.png
smoke1.png
smoke.png
hair2.png
hair.png
hair3.png
details.png
glare.png
dof blur.png
Nice try Aleksandr, to switch your debate topic towards something more acceptable to general audience of this forum.

My opinion about this gta6 trailer may or may not follow Smile Your analysis of it is certainly a splendid work, very nice review.
I'm one of the few that never really had any interest for the GTA games. Although, i was impressed when GTA V was released with the huge jump in physics and graphics.

I'm interested to see what they're gonna do differently in GTA VI. Rockstar should've considered one of the bigger modded communities out there and grab some content from there, i.e. FiveM
Quote from rane_nbg :Nice try Aleksandr, to switch your debate topic towards something more acceptable to general audience of this forum

I’m not switching anything, the topic on the issue of applied ethics is also interesting to me, and I'm waiting for someone to answer me something reasonable.
But GTA 5 was a whole gaming era. But the physics in GTA 4, in my opinion, was better, and I would like to see someting like that or better in GTA 6.
I think it looks amazing, I'm just annoyed that I will have to buy a console to play it on release.

Quote from CRAAACH :Waiting for tiktokers to replicate that car roof twerk stunt, than for news headlines bout this new suicide method.

Funnily enough those tiktok styles bits in the trailer are based on videos that already exist.
#9 - zeeaq
PC launch could be delayed by upto a year. Confused
Nothing to be annoyed about. Buy an Xbox with game pass ultimate and you've got the best of both worlds combined with a PC. The only annoying thing is that R$ games don't support Xbox Play Anywhere so you have to buy twice and no synced savegames.

Good chance the PC port will be a year at least, or even longer like with GTA V.
Can't wait until 2028 to play it on PC.
#12 - URUQ
Quote from kristofferandersen : i was impressed when GTA V was released with the huge jump in physics and graphics.

How to say you've not played gta4 without saying it.
Quote from URUQ :How to say you've not played gta4 without saying it.

Yeah, gta4 definitely had better physics and some game mechanics.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG