The online racing simulator
Remove net graph display
(9 posts, started )
Remove net graph display
Linux environment is graphically sensitive, this graph represents unstable fps handling due to its variable graphic data
It is also a piece of on screen graphic item (function) that draws additional fps to run itself

It seems to be built in subroutine without and option/setting to turn it off

Screenshot included (with an arrow pointing to it)

( I wonder if this is the cause, that makes such difference in driving between single player and multi player for me )
Attached images
lfs_00003063.jpg
Nothing needs to be removed from lfs, we are fighting hard to have new things added Smile

I think it's time for a windows PC ar at least a win boot option.
shift+F turns off all GUI, including the connection graph.

Beside that, I am staring in disbelief at your screenshot Looking
The graphics look so broken, I think those few pixels from the connection graph are the smallest issue. Wink
What hardware is that and how many fps do you get?
He has a good PC, the problem is that he runns LFS in linux which is a big no no and gives him horrible experience both with gfx and with the gameplay, fps, fluidity.
Well
You are looking at monocolor single bit FPS fluency based textures
with euqualized file formats for best game play, which highly limits object colors

1000 FPS blackwood and low fps around 300 if i remember correctly

shift+F has another problem
i tried to fix it in bug section, and i still can not use it
(I would need automatic shift+f option in the game)

it is hard to work with something when everything is sensitive to everything in LFS, that is how it is

the remove or option, can just be called: on/off switch
people should have choice about what they see while driving, I am surprised this graph is forced since it has such fps effect, as seen as in my linux environment

it is such sensitive that I would rather recommend this lfs improvement
in the case of single player and multi player
one of them needs to be changed to equal the other
-
multi player loads track in to on track spectate and you can see cars
single player does not
sp opens server menu, before spectating on track
- it makes fps/style/rate/frequency fluency difference

if you ask about shift+f more then,
the problem is that it has to be pressed at the same millisecond every time track is loaded
if not, then it makes different driving simulator every day

lets not removeSmile
Let's add on display view option:
Show Net Graph: on/off

should i change this topic title name?
title:
" Add option: Show Net Graph: yes/no "
I don't know what compatibility layer you are using. I didn't notice any difference in FPS when I play in Proton. But yet again I have a limiter at 120 FPS(since I have a 60Hz screen its more than enough).
Try another program. Wine isn't the only one. I got the best performance/compatibility from Steam Proton.
Just add a non-steam game to your library and it works perfectly.
Alternatively if you have a motherboard with 2x16 PCI slots you can get a second GPU and virtualize a Windows install with a GPU passtrough in QUEMU wich could give you a near bare metal/native performance.
is this really a graphic software issue or
video game issue ?

LFS has so many other fps sensitive items it also causes fluency difference between single player, and multiplayer

I am guessing this graph needs to be turned off to preserve fps/fluency
and i am assuming this from other-type experiences in this game

It was said LFS is not a version 1 yet
some things are missing !
Over time I grew an assumption that LFS does not have very many FPS handlers yet, because there was not time and resources for 1 developer to do it.

It is more likely a game issue, than graphic software one

but I also have theoretically unstable directX software in Wine
not an unstable brand, but officially offered
Gallium 9

Lets take a look at the fact that LFS runs perfect in Single player and there is no need for change
The only thing I can look for, is the in game Multi player handling system causing issue so i try to fix it

I would welcome option turn off net graph, and turn off live stop watch
I highly doubt that disabling the net bar graph will change anything in linux for multiplayer, but I do agree that there should be a simple option for this in misc, or view section in lfs settings.
additionally
in best theory there can not be a moving graphical interface on screen
i would use static car map arrows without track display. just arrows with 2 distances and 2 colors, it would be diode style

Remove net graph display
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG