The online racing simulator
Trying to load Fern Bay crashes LFS [SOLVED]
Hiya all,
For about the past week I have had a problem with LFS when I try to load any of the Fern Bay tracks. It gets to Lighting Info and crashes completely. The only error I get is the Windows default one (LFS.exe has encountered a problem etc).

I have not replaced any data files from LFS with any from replacement packs, so I can rule that out as being a cause. Any other ideas?
when u get the error message again, go to the details and make a screenie of it, then maybe scawen can have a look into it.
#3 - ajp71
Seems odd, if it's a lighting issue have you checked it with different times of day?
Have you tryed reinstalling LFS, it could be possible that somehow your hard-drive may have messed up a crucial file?
I reckon it is a file issue, as it happens in all lighting conditions, and yet it is very much restricted to Fern Bay. I will wait till tomorrow to reinstall LFS, as I am completely out of unlocks. If it works I'll post back
Thanks
#6 - ajp71
Quote from JohnUK89 :I reckon it is a file issue, as it happens in all lighting conditions, and yet it is very much restricted to Fern Bay. I will wait till tomorrow to reinstall LFS, as I am completely out of unlocks. If it works I'll post back
Thanks

Just re download and copy the texture (dds + pic) folders across to your current LFS install, you'll loose nothing other than any add on textures.
Strangely that doesn't solve the problem at all...same thing, gets to lighting info then dies completely

[EDIT] I'll just completely re-extract LFS and unlock again in...about 15 minutes time, when I get another unlock [/EDIT]
Re-extracting LFS did the trick, but I still don't know what caused the original problem...d'oh!
It could have been the .wld files corrupted maybe?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It could have been the .wld files corrupted maybe?

probably yes

btw you can unlock a newly exacted copy of lfs by copying the data/misc folder from an already unlocked one without having to sacrifice an unlock
#11 - Jakg
why ? you can only unlock copies you have on your own pc using the very same installation of windows
afaik you cant use it to unlock lfs on any other pc ie doesnt work for cracking the game

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG