The online racing simulator
#1 - zeeaq
Telemetry Addon / Software for LFS
What is good Telemetry Addon or Software to use with LFS?

I looked but couldn't find an unofficial addon or third party tool that is compatible with LFS for this purpose. I am aware that there are some tools that can analyze data from SPRs but what about online practice?

I generally do practice runs (10 lap stints) on the (FM) GTi Thursday Server. Even something as basic as a table with lap times and splits will be very useful.

Any recommendations?
If you went on a server that ran LFSLapper ("lapper") you might get something like ...

That's a Top table, so will only give you your best times for all laps completed, but there is a "pitboard" in lapper too, sometimes used which would be slightly better ...

Attached images
Top 7 Times on day 1.png
#3 - zeeaq
Thanks for sharing this. Is there no addon to get that pitboard-like functionality for clients, regardless of what the server runs (or doesn't run)?
You can also go to https://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=zeeaq and click "race last race information" to see all your past races.
Then pick a day from the calender, click on "Details" and the blue "I" (Info) icon next to your name. (Or any other racer)
That will give you a list and graph of laptimes. No split thoughs.

Also I think it only lists races that were completed. Not 100% sure, but I think if the server is set to 50 laps and you restart from garage to do multiple 10 laps practice runs then it will only show the last run.
Quote from zeeaq :Thanks for sharing this. Is there no addon to get that pitboard-like functionality for clients, regardless of what the server runs (or doesn't run)?

For lapper, you need to connect a host running lapper to connect to the LFS host.

Before LFS made it compulsory to use their hosts, I used to rent a server, and the hoster set things up for me.

Because I don't have a clue how to do that now, I don't run a full time server anymore.
#6 - zeeaq
Quote from Gutholz :You can also go to https://www.lfsworld.net/?win=stats&racer=zeeaq and click "race last race information" to see all your past races.
Then pick a day from the calender, click on "Details" and the blue "I" (Info) icon next to your name. (Or any other racer)
That will give you a list and graph of laptimes. No split thoughs.

Also I think it only lists races that were completed. Not 100% sure, but I think if the server is set to 50 laps and you restart from garage to do multiple 10 laps practice runs then it will only show the last run.

Thanks for replying. Practice sessions take place in qualification mode, but the section on LFS world that you are describing only captures race data.

Quote from sinanju :For lapper, you need to connect a host running lapper to connect to the LFS host.

That's far too many steps to just get partial data. Shrug
I think LFS could create an official app like LFS editor but only with that function.

For any race, whether on a circuit or an open circuit, it would be important to have something that helps and even more so when we have official mod support, this would help a lot to improve the car and its performance 😁
#9 - zeeaq
Quote from Gutholz :kristofferandersen wrote "added laptimes" to his LFS Companion app, but I have not used it.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97129-LFS-Companion
Maybe try that or suggest it to him.

Kristoffer's app is pretty nice on the whole, but not for this requirement of tabulated splits / lap times.

His app displays a msg on top with the current laptime and the difference to the previous one at the end of each lap.
I started racing on LFS a couple of months ago and have had so much fun. I have planned to store laptimes and split times in the local database for the insim, with an in-game window to browse through your times.

If you have any input on this, i could write it down in my notes. This isn't something that will be done right away, as i have some other issues i need to take care of first.

EDIT: My racing teammate mentioned something about theoretical PB, if anyone has any idea how to get that value(how to do the math) i could do that as well.
The way I have seen it used, theoretical PB is just the sum of your best split times.

Lap 1:
split-1: 10s
split-2: 7s
laptime: 17s

Lap 2:
split-1: 9s
split-2: 11s
laptime: 20s

So the theoretical PB would be 9s+7s=16s
Correct but those are called sectors not splits. Just to avoid confusion Smile
Quote from kristofferandersen :I started racing on LFS a couple of months ago and have had so much fun. I have planned to store laptimes and split times in the local database for the insim, with an in-game window to browse through your times.

If you have any input on this, i could write it down in my notes. This isn't something that will be done right away, as i have some other issues i need to take care of first.

EDIT: My racing teammate mentioned something about theoretical PB, if anyone has any idea how to get that value(how to do the math) i could do that as well.

Wow that's exactly what I was asking for. Thanks a lot, I do look forward to the finished update Smile

And, if you are open to taking more ideas for the future, my other request would be live telemetry.

Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :Correct but those are called sectors not splits. Just to avoid confusion Smile

You are right. Sorry, I think I started that confusion by using the wrong words. They are called sector times. Splits are just the deltas.
Quote from zeeaq :What is good Telemetry Addon or Software to use with LFS?

I looked but couldn't find an unofficial addon or third party tool that is compatible with LFS for this purpose. I am aware that there are some tools that can analyze data from SPRs but what about online practice?

I generally do practice runs (10 lap stints) on the (FM) GTi Thursday Server. Even something as basic as a table with lap times and splits will be very useful.

Any recommendations?

So direct answer if not already answered is : No. There isn't enough recorded data in MPR's to create a sufficient Datalog, therefore telemetry is not possible.

For SPR : Yes, there is a program for it. Did some digging on the LFS Wiki and found this within 1 minutes, so... Google, before making new threads is always a good idea Smile https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Telemetry

Quote from zeeaq :....
And, if you are open to taking more ideas for the future, my other request would be live telemetry..

Yes, this is something that would be a great idea from the strategic point of view, live telemetry with output to a friend would be great, good suggestion! Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG